News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Removing seat track bolts

Started by Hop Head, May 30, 2018, 07:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hop Head

I'd like to remove the four seat track bolts that go thru the floor. Any tips would be appreciated.

Lennard

I'm curious as to why you want to remove them?

Hop Head

Yeah me too!  But, I bought seat relocation brackets from Year One, hoping to gain a little more leg room.  But, to install them it would require me to remove all four bolts and replace them with shorter ones that will screw into the bracket.  Then the using new bolts thru the brackets/floor board.  I don't think it's worth the effort, and I don't really want to have to hack these bolts out. Looking closer at them, I think I could use a dremel tool and nip off the tabs and they should pop out. I was hoping someone would know a secret for easy removal.

Dino

Those are pressed in. If you can support the seat track flange and give the tip of the bolt a good whack, you can get them out without messing up the tracks too much. Bolts won't survive though and you may need to do minor repairs to the tracks. You can grind the head down from the other side as well. That'll be more gentle on the tracks.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.