News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

daytona nose internals - who makes what

Started by held1823, June 29, 2018, 04:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

held1823

hopefully this stays civil and focused on the topic at hand.

i'm finally gathering parts to re-nose the daytona.
while this is a true daytona, oem stuff is surely beyond my wallet's capacity
for this thread, i'd like input on who makes decent (and hopefully affordable) headlight buckets, pivots, doors, etc
what to look for, what to avoid, better to source from one vendor, or are certain items better/more affordable from various ones
i'm aware of a few names that make these items, but i'm hoping for opinions from those who have used them

if anyone reading this has items collecting dust that they are looking to part with, message me. perhaps my quest  will be a short one

i will likely start a different thread for the remaining pieces later on. stuff like seals, gaskets, vacuum components, wiring, etc
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Daytona R/T SE

You can do one stop shopping with Mike at Dayclona.

He is a member here. :Twocents:

chargervert

I have many of Mikes parts, nice stuff.

held1823

mike is certainly tops on my list for where i hope to obtain most, of not all, of the needed parts
i thought i'd toss this out there in case someone had items they might want to part with
(or, in the case of my kansas pal, stuff they love teasing me with)
this scenario could be a win/win for both parties

i know mike prefers to run parts in batches, so hopefully he has some of this stuff in the works

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

moparstuart

:shruggy: who do you know from kansas
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

chubby53

This fella Mike at Dayclona , how can i contact him for parts for my newly acquired Daytona ?

held1823

Quote from: chubby53 on July 01, 2018, 01:36:14 PM
This fella Mike at Dayclona , how can i contact him for parts for my newly acquired Daytona ?

you can pm him here using that id, or wait for him to see this post in the next day or two
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

BS27ROB

How are Rick Fairless's parts? Anyone have any experience with his internal nose parts?

DAY CLONA

Quote from: BS27ROB on July 02, 2018, 08:21:26 AM
How are Rick Fairless's parts? Anyone have any experience with his internal nose parts?

Rick resales parts after a little R&R, from Gene Gregory, Ron Knifely, and other assorted sources....

Mopar John

Ernie,
If you are in a time crunch such as trying to join us at the Talladega 2019 reunion reproduction parts might be the way to go?
But since you have an original Daytona that is rich in family history original parts might be the way to go?
So far I have been able to help with original parking lights and front side markers that even have the correct color factory over spray on them.
I have more small items that we need to talk about.
You are a long time contributor here and I hope others with original parts step up knowing they will be going to a good cause!
MJ