News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 taillights acting strange.

Started by phantom, June 02, 2018, 09:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom

Hey. Yet another topic on electrics  :lol:

As i said on another thread, i have a Painless wiring kit, just about finished installed. Of course i couldnt keep my fingers off, so i have tested it before finishing all the connections, and that may be the reason to my next issue. Still have hazard switch and dome light to finish.

I have en aftermarket headlight switch:
https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speedway-Universal-Headlight-Switch,2367.html

Connected using the provided diagram, and my own original diagram. All the way in is off, one step out is park/taillights, two step out is headlights/taillights.

Headlights work as they should. Taillights turn on in park, but they go straight to brakelights, as if the pedal was pushed in. Except the far right one. That one lights normally, works when i push the pedal, and blinks when i turn on the signal to the right. The other ones does nothing but leave the brakelights on.

What i find strange is that both bulbs on the right side act differently, even though they are connected together, they share brown (turnsignal) and they share black (taillights). One lights up the brakelights, and dont blink, while the other does what it should.

So i pulled the bright one out of the taillight housing, and voila: The brakelights stop and only the taillight stay on. If i hold it against the housing, the brakelight goes on  :scratchchin:

And stranger: When i try the blinker, they both blink, but not at the same time. And shouldnt the bulbs stop lighting when they lose the ground, which is in the housing?

Turnsignal switch bad?

phantom

Solved. Turn signal cable and black had to switch place in the socket. Works beautifully  :yesnod: