News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Headers

Started by krops cars, June 04, 2018, 10:57:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krops cars

I built a 440 six pack.I have headers on it. After running awhile I noticed a tic on the passengers . I thought at first it was a lifter. Pulled valve cover checked out ok. Found header loose. Tighten up. Still tick. Ordered a pair of copper gaskets. Noise still there, but different. Had a friend come over just to see if he hears what I do. So I told him I will take my welding gloves with the car running and put my hands over the tail pipes. When I did this the tick went away I thought it would get louder. What do you think? And actually after I did this a few times. Then tick got quieter.

Kern Dog

Could there be a leak at the header pipe to flange? Maybe in a spot underneath? I've tested this with water, pouring it on the tubes one at a time. The leak will make a burble type sound like when you "motorboat" a woman. 

krops cars

And who don't like motor boating.  Dude I just had to reply.

mopar0166

I torqued mine to spec from dougs header instruction and used stage 8 locking bolts, never had an issue going on 3 years

Kern Dog

Quote from: krops cars on June 05, 2018, 09:27:05 AM
And who don't like motor boating.  Dude I just had to reply.

Oh yeah !   :2thumbs: