News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

First time pall bearer. Any advice?

Started by JB400, June 05, 2018, 02:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

Unfortunately, I've hit that time in my life in which I'm going to have start burying family.  First one to go is my aunt who I attended church, and sang in the choir with.  I've been given the honor of helping lay her to rest.  Anything I need to know, outside of not dropping the casket? 

Thank you much. :cheers:

She was in a lot of pain at time, but was lucky to go in her sleep.

Dino

I'm sorry for your loss.

Nothing special you need to do. Just follow the instructions they'll give you and keep your back straight.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

krops cars

Sorry for your loss. I started about 13 years ago. Grand pa Grand ma, and uncles. Now a month  ago was my mom's sister (my aunt). A person don't realize what they really mean to you until there gone. Never thought my aunt's would pass on. They give you instructions on what to do. Oh ya. Don't drop the casket.

Dave Kanofsky

Sorry for your loss.
Just be respectful to everyone who is also grieving, and be thankful for the honor that it is.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

Mopar Nut

Sorry for your loss!

Don't wear slippery shoes, not good on grass.

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

green69rt

It's not a race so don't hurry.  Take smaller steps and keep in step with the person in front of you.  All the bearers should agree and the funeral director should give you this advice up front.

Fred

Sorry for your loss JB.  Hope you're doing alright.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Swampwing2

It's heavier than you probably expect. Especially if there are a couple smaller people who can't/don't lift their share.   

Lennard

69rtse4spd

Sorry for your loss, father in law for me. 

69CoronetRT

From someone with too much experience, (10+ times. I've lost count)

Don't let it become a habit.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

JB400

Mission accomplished.  All went well, with the exception of my cousin; a no show to his own mom's funeral.  His loss, in more ways than 1.  I did find out she was more terminal than anyone knew, stage 4.  I did get to see relatives that I hadn't seen in a while.  The hard part, besides dealing with the loss of my aunt, was looking at grandparents, parents, plus aunts and uncles, and realizing that's another one I will have to someday attend.  In the meantime, I'll continue to make memories, as that's what was on peoples' tongues.

Quote from: 69rtse4spd on June 06, 2018, 09:07:20 PM
Sorry for your loss, father in law for me. 
. Sorry for your circumstances as well. :pity:

69rtse4spd

Than you, as my sister said about funerals, they are like family reunions, sad but true.

JB400