News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thoughts on heater core bypass methods

Started by Hop Head, June 05, 2018, 06:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hop Head

What's the pros/con's on bypassing the heater core at the pump housing.  69 440 non-AC.  For a cleaner look I'd like to plug the in/out ports in the housing, instead of making a u-shaped tube out by the core.  I'm not sure if the plugging the holes at the housing will cause any flow issues. 

b5blue

Only con will be no heat/defrost for windshield. Plugging can't matter as same as heat in OFF position.

justcruisin

I have had mine disconnected for years, I used the outlets for a thermo switch for an electric radiator fan and the other for a low water alarm probe. The heater can provide extra cooling for the engine but who wants hot air blowin in your face when it's hot out.

70 sublime

Quote from: justcruisin on June 05, 2018, 03:14:17 PM
. The heater can provide extra cooling for the engine but who wants hot air blowin in your face when it's hot out.

Anyone that is stuck in traffic and watching the heat gauge go up but afraid to turn car off thinking it might not want to start because it is so hot is who
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

justcruisin

Good point, I guess either way your going to get a red face :flame:

68CoronetRT

I just got rid of mine. Much cleaner and no more water dumping into the car from the heater core. The ports make good points for temp senders etc...

Brass

You could run an in-line heater core bypass valve.