News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Friends of Steve McQueen Car Show

Started by wingcar, June 06, 2018, 09:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingcar

I just returned from attending the "Friends of Steve McQueen Car Show" which is held each year at the "Boys Republic" in Chino Hills California.   This is where Steve spent some of his "troubled" youth.   His son Chad started the show eleven years ago to help raise funds for the school, the show continues to grow with each passing year.  While the show is not the biggest it is certainly not small by any means.   It offers a nice "Down Home" kind of feel that is missing from your typical parking lot car shows.   The show is held on and around the grass of their football field.   This year's show was heavy with Mustangs as well over 40 of the look-alike "Bullitt" Mustangs were all lined up, as well as many of the newer "Bullitt" Mustangs in attendance.   The theme for the show was the 50th anniversary of the movie "Bullitt" which explains all the fastback Mustangs....although each year there are many that attend.  There was only one Black '68 Charger on display next to the "Bullitt" Mustangs, and overall the show was rather light on Mopars.  But, there were two other '68 Chargers in attendance, one white and one blue equipped with the 426 Hemi, both very nice.   The show area is broken down into movie themes from Steve's movies....such as A WWII area ("The Great Escape")complete with military vehicles and three liaison aircraft that flown out of a dirt strip on the property.  (They offered rides in both a glider and a civilian owned Cobra Attack Helicopter during the show).   A race car display ("LeMans"), as well as a dune buggy display on the Sand Volley Ball Court ("The Thomas Crown Affair"), a huge motorcycle display ("On Any Sunday") and a big display from the Airstream Collectors Club.   Plus, a lot more....check it out next year if you can...you will not be disappointed.   Check out their web page for pictures from past shows @ http://stevemcqueencarshow.com  None the less they need more Mopar representation at next year's show....So mark your calendars.   I would like to see more black 68 Chargers!
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Ponch ®

Quote from: wingcar on June 06, 2018, 09:46:14 AM
I just returned from attending the "Friends of Steve McQueen Car Show" which is held each year at the "Boys Republic" in Chino Hills California.   This is where Steve spent some of his "troubled" youth.   His son Chad started the show eleven years ago to help raise funds for the school, the show continues to grow with each passing year.  While the show is not the biggest it is certainly not small by any means.   It offers a nice "Down Home" kind of feel that is missing from your typical parking lot car shows.   The show is held on and around the grass of their football field.   This year's show was heavy with Mustangs as well over 40 of the look-alike "Bullitt" Mustangs were all lined up, as well as many of the newer "Bullitt" Mustangs in attendance.   The theme for the show was the 50th anniversary of the movie "Bullitt" which explains all the fastback Mustangs....although each year there are many that attend.  There was only one Black '68 Charger on display next to the "Bullitt" Mustangs, and overall the show was rather light on Mopars.  But, there were two other '68 Chargers in attendance, one white and one blue equipped with the 426 Hemi, both very nice.   The show area is broken down into movie themes from Steve's movies....such as A WWII area ("The Great Escape")complete with military vehicles and three liaison aircraft that flown out of a dirt strip on the property.  (They offered rides in both a glider and a civilian owned Cobra Attack Helicopter during the show).   A race car display ("LeMans"), as well as a dune buggy display on the Sand Volley Ball Court ("The Thomas Crown Affair"), a huge motorcycle display ("On Any Sunday") and a big display from the Airstream Collectors Club.   Plus, a lot more....check it out next year if you can...you will not be disappointed.   Check out their web page for pictures from past shows @ http://stevemcqueencarshow.com  None the less they need more Mopar representation at next year's show....So mark your calendars.   I would like to see more black 68 Chargers!

I heard about this show the day of and couldn't make it. Some acquaintances were instagraming pics from there and it looked pretty cool...nice to go beyond the usual muscle car and exotic types.  Definitely gonna be on the lookout for next year's date.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

alfaitalia

Very cool...I'm a big Steve McQueen fan.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!