News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

wing car reunion ??

Started by r4daytona, June 07, 2018, 07:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r4daytona

I know it's here somewhere but I can't find it.  Id like some info on the 2019 reunion.  Is it at Wellborns, will we be able to go on the track, hotel suggestions?  Any help would be appreciated?

TheAutoArchaeologist

Oct 10-13th.

Run around Atlanta probably on the 10th.

Wellborn BBQ on the 11th

Wellborn Museum Party the 12th

Talladega laps on the 13th.

All the major hotels in the area are very nice, I've personally stayed at a few of them without issue.  You can use TripAdvisor.com for more detailed reviews of area hotels.

Let me know any other questions you have.

Birdflu

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread...sounds like fun!

r4daytona

Sorry for the late "thank you" but thanks for the info.  I'm guessing I should start looking for hotels now?  Any veterans of this event have suggestions as what to do or not do?  I guess that smart thing would be to find a place in the middle of all three places.

Aero426

Quote from: r4daytona on July 30, 2018, 09:57:13 AM
Sorry for the late "thank you" but thanks for the info.  I'm guessing I should start looking for hotels now?  Any veterans of this event have suggestions as what to do or not do?  I guess that smart thing would be to find a place in the middle of all three places.

All hotels are close to the event.   The one to avoid is the American Inn.    Do not book there.   People scrambled out of that place last time. 

r4daytona

Alright, so I'm trying to figure out what to do to try and make it next year.  Do I have a friend haul my car and pay for gas and Hotel - and have the concern about hauling it that far?  Do I hire a company to haul it and fly there.  If I do that, how sure can I be that the car will arrive that day I arrive at the location I specified?  I know these are rhetorical questions but i do have one about the hotel situation.  Talladaga Speedway, Atlanta and Tim Wellborn (Alexander city) kind of form a triangle.  Would it be best to try and find a hotel in one of those little towns somewhere in the middle so the driving is split??  Any thoughts from veterans that have gone?

TheAutoArchaeologist

I don't know about the delivery.  But for hotels....

You'll need at least two, one for Atlanta and another for the rest.  The Alexander City is only an hour from Talladega.  So it isn't terrible to just use that as a base of operations for most of the trip.  That's what I did last time and I know many others did as well.