News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Shroud for 26" ECP aluminum radiator?

Started by igozumn, June 08, 2018, 10:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

igozumn

What is everyone running for a shroud on the 26" ECP (engineered cooling products) aluminum radiator?  '69 charger with a big block.  I'm currently running a Ford Contour electric dual fan and am thinking about experimenting with a stock 7 blade fan and clutch.  But I want a shroud.  I don't have a stock or original shroud to try, so, if I buy one, I'd prefer to do it once, LOL. 
A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing nothing but underpants made from saran wrap.  The psychiatrist says, "Well....I can clearly see your nuts...."

cdr

I used a 1970 shroud, I think I had to drill the holes, its been awhile. I have the 7 blade flex fan.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

A383Wing

I'm running a 70's E-body shroud.....fits very well....didn't have to drill or modify any holes

igozumn

I'm curious on how the '70-73 B & E shroud fits, without it being able to have the flange that sticks out "over" the passenger side frame rail.  Like the '69, it has the flange that only bolts onto the top 2/3 of the passenger side bracket.  The 28" E-body shroud may be too big.  I suppose I could enlarge the notch I put in the passenger side frame rail "crimp/flange" so a shroud would fit.  Decided it was easier to put a notch in the body than cut off the bottom 1/3 of the ECP radiator bracket.

https://www.classicindustries.com/shop/all-years/dodge/all-models/parts/cooling-system/fan-components/shrouds/?q=Shroud&p=1
A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing nothing but underpants made from saran wrap.  The psychiatrist says, "Well....I can clearly see your nuts...."

igozumn

A383Wing

Quote from: A383Wing on June 08, 2018, 02:32:50 PM
.....fits very well....didn't have to drill or modify any holes

Like I said.....no modification at all....radiator is 26" from ECP....running same radiator & same e-body shroud on all 3 Chargers

The ONLY thing had to change was the fan clutch length.....the ECP radiator is much thicker than the stock radiators

JR

I'm using a stock early 70s C body shroud. I had to trim the edges in a couple of spots to fit flush, but I was given the shroud for free so I'm not complaining.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green