News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Interior headliner attachment/sail panels

Started by Tri-Poised, June 27, 2018, 08:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tri-Poised

Hello,

I reached out to Doug Schellinger on this, but I thought I'd ask the Aero Car community too.  I bought a new package tray for my Superbird, and before I install it, I want to make sure the headliner on the inner C pillars is installed correctly.  Right now, it is bunched up and it seems like there needs to be some rigid cardboard type of piece to adhere the headliner to.  Is there a piece like this that is supposed to be there and are they available?  Thanks in advance for all of the help.

Steve

Aero426

Quote from: Tri-Poised on June 27, 2018, 08:40:35 AM
Hello,

I reached out to Doug Schellinger on this, but I thought I'd ask the Aero Car community too.  I bought a new package tray for my Superbird, and before I install it, I want to make sure the headliner on the inner C pillars is installed correctly.  Right now, it is bunched up and it seems like there needs to be some rigid cardboard type of piece to adhere the headliner to.  Is there a piece like this that is supposed to be there and are they available?  Thanks in advance for all of the help.

Steve

Steve, I sent your question to MoparJohn yesterday.      I have not had my headliner out of the car.   

Mopar John

Steve,
Doug did reach out to me yesterday about your headliner.
I didn't see his message till a few minutes ago so I decided to reply here to speed up the information!
There are no cardboard sail panel backers as found on other Mopars.
You are at a disadvantage if your rear window is in the car.
I have attached a picture of my drivers side headliner area and the same for the passengers side.
You will see that the drivers side is still nice and tight!
The passengers side for what ever reason is a bit wrinkled.
My headliner was done before the back window was re-installed.
You need an experienced headliner guy to tighten things up for you.
MJ