News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 charger front bumper grill assembly

Started by mopar Robert, June 08, 2018, 07:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar Robert

Hi. Life long Mopar guy but new to this site. Trying to assemble 70 charger bumper assembly. Have rechromed front bumper and putting the brackets on the back. Got the bottom one on fine but the top one only can get in a few bolts. The other ones won't go in. What do I have to do to get these in? Have like 3 more to get in. Not good with pics on here on resizing

Dino

I'm not familiar with the 70 bumper, but could it be that there's too much plating in the threads? Try running a tap through it?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

mopar Robert

Can't get anything through it. The holes in bumper and bracket aren't exactly lining up to get the bolt through it. Don't know if the bracket is bent or what. I got the outer bolts in but the middle ones aren't lining up. Was thinking of clamping it down but don't want to mess it up

70 sublime

Did you ever have these parts together before you sent it out to get re chromed and know they did fit ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

mopar Robert

Not on this bumper but they were on my car when I replaced the old bumper.

JB400

Try mocking the bumper up with just the lower bracket. Should be enough to hold it on to get an idea if it's the bumper itself, or the bracket.  If the bumper doesn't fit well, then you know it's the bumper.  The chrome shop might have tweaked it.

mopar Robert

mopar Robert

Mocked the front bumper on today. It seemed to fit so it must be the bracket