News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Holley Sniper EFI

Started by 303 Mopar, June 09, 2018, 02:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_Kunkel

Linguistically, there's a difference between a branded "product" i.e. Holley Sniper and a "part" I. e. carburetors in general.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Challenger340

Quote from: John_Kunkel on October 06, 2018, 04:52:40 PM
Linguistically, there's a difference between a branded "product" i.e. Holley Sniper and a "part" I. e. carburetors in general.

Now THAT is entertaining.

Only wimps wear Bowties !

c00nhunterjoe

:smilielol: its all made in china, probably in the same factory. Might be assembled into a different style case, but the guts are the same, much like a holley carb, quick fuel, proform.... etc. But you already know that.the different brand throttle body kits are more similar then a 4150 to an afb.

JR

Quote from: Back N Black on July 22, 2018, 08:12:40 PM
Ok, this has nothing to do with the Holly EFI Sniper kit, but I have a Proform 850 mechanical secondary's carburetor on my 440 and the throttle response on the charger is better than my 2017 Dodge Ram??? just sounds like a lot of tuning and learning to get that perfect throttle response.  :Twocents:

Some of that could be attributed to your ram having "throttle by wire".

The computer has to listen to you, then decide if you're in putting the correct amount of pedal, then send that signal to the engine. Likely done this way for packaging and fuel mileage.

I love efi and all, but throttle by wire is a burning hatred of mine. I'd take a throttle cable over it all day.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

John_Kunkel

Delayed throttle response is a major complaint in late model Rams (Google it). FCA is mostly ignoring the problem so, as usual, the aftermarket steps in to correct it. And, yes, it's related to the electronic throttle, not the EFI itself.

https://www.pedalcommander.com/?v=7516fd43adaa
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

darbgnik

Throttle by wire does have it's advantages, like simplified(lighter) cruise control. My BMW R1200GS motorcycle didn't get spec'ed with cruise control, so I paid a couple hundred bucks for a switch set and a ECU update.

When Vipers switched to throttle by wire there were a few complaints, but I find my 2015 works very well, with no perceptible lag. The lag is a function of design, and less a defect. The lag in my Ram Cummins is very apparent, but is supposedly there to save the transmission?
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

c00nhunterjoe

The lag on drive by wire is part of the factory torque management strategy as well as the defuel between shifts. All easy to eliminate with programming.

Challenger340

Digital Electronics and the technological advances in automobiles we've seen are a wonderful thing  :2thumbs:

But for most people today, IMO, it's all wonderful until something goes wrong with it ? 
Just say'in.... I think the average DIY'er knowledge base around the newer stuff, is far less than it was in the 1980's with that stuff ?

flyinlow

Does any one have both the Sniper and Fitech?

Challenger340

Quote from: flyinlow on October 08, 2018, 01:01:13 PM
Does any one have both the Sniper and Fitech?

BUMP !

This would be great if there was someone ?
And even better if there were more than one person who has both systems.

Problem being, we have a few Customers who had BAD experiences with Holley, then went over to Fi-Tech, and now RAVE about good Fi-Tech is ? 
and,
we also know of a few guys who had BAD experiences with Fi-Tech and went over to Holley, now happy, so they now RAVE about how good Holley is ?

WHO OWNS BOTH FITECH AND SNIPER SYSTEMS ?

c00nhunterjoe

I own both holley and carter systems... oh wait... lol