News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wrecked '68 Charger Front-end Reassembly - what am I missing?

Started by Randy_Lahey, June 10, 2018, 05:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy_Lahey

I am now tasked with finishing the incomplete work of the body shop to reassemble the front of my '68 Charger after my accident in September '17.  I want to buy a new repop grill from Classic (don't get me started--I ordered it 4/4 being told it may take 8 wks. for delivery...6/8 I called and they said it may be the end of the year...).  The grill I bought:  https://www.classicindustries.com/product/1968/dodge/all-models/parts/mb143504.html.

My curosity stems around what else I need to buy so I don't receive  the grill in 2019 and not have everything else needed.  Pictures are attached of the unit I bought from Classic and the current status of my front end.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks!

David

Lennard

Grille trim, grille trim mounting kit and the grille to header panel mounting kit.

Randy_Lahey

Some pics...

Randy_Lahey

4 more...

Randy_Lahey

So I don't need the metal grill surround, or anything else besides what you listed?  Meaning the grill from Classic bolts directly to what I have already?

Thanks,

David

Lennard

Unless your metal grille surround (header panel) is damaged,  you will only need what I listed to mount your new grille in your Charger.

will

You're going to need the argent paint and some tape if you want to paint the ribs. If you're leaving it black disregard my comment.

Randy_Lahey

I'm leaving it black.  Since my car is also black I think the "blacked out" look should be pretty cool.  Now if only I can find the R/T grill badge I bought 6 months ago...

Thanks Lennard.  That's good news!  Can't wait to get this pretty lady back together.

Thanks again,

David