News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 New ignition switch and signal switch

Started by krops cars, June 11, 2018, 09:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krops cars

On the old ignition switch there are 5 terminals on the new there are 6. The small black wire goes to the shift indicator light wire. I have not ohmed every thing out yet. I just think it is weird that power from your dash lights would run into a key switch. I will probably take it out of the system. Just wondering if any one else has noticed this? On the signal switch. I tore apart 2 columns. One has 2 connectors the other has 1. The new switch has one. Have not had time to look at wiring yet again wondering what the other is for?
Thanks

krops cars

The small black wire that goes to the ignition switch does nothing. But I still would not hook dash light power to it. Still wondering if any one knows what the extra 3 wire connector on some signal switches are for? Taking after market ignition switch back. No power in auxiliary position. Old one works fine just figured since restoring column I would replace switches.

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Derwud

1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

krops cars

Awesome. Thanks for your help. That is what I was assuming. You know what assume stands for.

Derwud

Quote from: krops cars on June 14, 2018, 09:05:25 AM
Awesome. Thanks for your help. That is what I was assuming. You know what assume stands for.

At my house we call the Pop's speech # 28...
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981