News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What do I need to do to install a tac in a non-tac car

Started by AKcharger, June 14, 2018, 11:01:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

Hi guys so what will I need to add a tac? I was thinking about this one. Car is converted to electronic ignition.

Thanks in advance

68pplcharger

Mechanically nothing... The tac will bolt right in (sands removing the blank plate), Electrically you will need to run some wires. I don't know what you car harness has currently. You will need to run a signal wire from the ignition to the tac signal input. If you don't have 12v and ground from the harness you'll have to run that as well.

AKcharger

68pplcharger

Quote from: AKcharger on June 14, 2018, 12:29:52 PM
will the factory tac harness work??

It should but the signal wire still has to be run. When I converted Mine I bought the harness. Forgot about that one. lol thanks

AKcharger

Quote from: 440 on June 17, 2018, 05:51:41 AM
I bought the Evans tach wiring harness for mine.

Saw their web site, so just hooks up with no other modifications?

Fully plug and play with all the factory wire colors and connectors. From memory you have to drill a hole in the firewall for non tach equipped cars. There is a thread here somewhere that shows which dimple to drill if you want it 100%

AKcharger