News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hagerty: Definitive 1968-70 dodge charger buyers guide

Started by bakerhillpins, June 14, 2018, 01:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakerhillpins

I don't think this is posted up here yet but you never can trust the search engine (though I did try google too). Haven't had an opportunity to get through it yet as work consumed my lunch hour today.  :-\

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2018/06/13/definitive-1968-70-dodge-charger-buyers-guide

I will say that I am disappointed that the Green 68 that they show has the Bumble Bee stripe on incorrectly.  :P :slap:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Mytur Binsdirti

Those first three replies pretty much says it all.

RallyeMike

The guide linked mentions the 69 500 but when you insure per their menu they don't have that model option.

I guess not that it matters since you are insuring stated value. Its clear that they are more an insurance company than they are "car guys", but when all is said in done I want them to be knowledgable insurers more than I want them to be car nuts anyways.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

chargervert

When I had my former 69 Charger 500 insured with Hagerty, they knew exactly what it was.  They called me and told me that I had the car under insured and that I needed to put more coverage on it.

Kern Dog

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on June 14, 2018, 01:46:45 PM

Well, THAT guy ranted against the use of the word MOTOR to describe an engine. Where then would one use "Motor oil"  ?

Brass

Quote from: Kern Dog on June 14, 2018, 02:50:49 PM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on June 14, 2018, 01:46:45 PM

Well, THAT guy ranted against the use of the word MOTOR to describe an engine. Where then would one use "Motor oil"  ?

...and what about MOtor PARarts? 

Kern Dog

These things are kind of fun but for many of us, I doubt that they tell anything that we don't already know.
I still like to read that stuff though.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

dual fours

That was a fun read, thanks Bakerhillpins. All that and the only picture of a 1970 model was the interior. I did not know that on an R/T SE, the interior door Charger script/badge on the wood grain panel was an option :slap: that my '70 SE has. :rofl:
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

Ryan.C

So why is a Motorcycle not called an Enginecycle???
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

Birdflu

RallyeMike

Origin of engine
1250–1300; Middle English engin < Anglo-French, Old French < Latin ingenium nature, innate quality, especially mental power, hence a clever invention, equivalent to in- in-2 + -genium, equivalent to gen- begetting (see kin) + -ium -ium
noun
1.   a machine for converting thermal energy into mechanical energy or power to produce force and motion.

Origin of motor
1580–90; < Latin mōtor mover, equivalent to mō- (variant stem of movēre to move) + -tor -tor
noun
1.   a comparatively small and powerful engine, especially an internal-combustion engine in an automobile, motorboat, or the like.

Looks like a "motor" is an HP small block.  ;D

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

CRW-FK5

Quote from: bakerhillpins on June 14, 2018, 01:24:59 PM
I don't think this is posted up here yet but you never can trust the search engine (though I did try google too). Haven't had an opportunity to get through it yet as work consumed my lunch hour today.  :-\

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2018/06/13/definitive-1968-70-dodge-charger-buyers-guide

I will say that I am disappointed that the Green 68 that they show has the Bumble Bee stripe on incorrectly.  :P :slap:
"search engine" or "search motor"?

Wingnut426

I keep breaking the "motor" mounts on my cars, maybe I should try an "engine" mount?  :shruggy:
HEMI Daytona Convertible

bakerhillpins

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

triple_green

My concern historically with Hagerty is the limited number of sales that they would include in their valuations, some models seemed to be skewed or somewhat misrepresented. Not sure where they are getting their data. Fro example, Barrett Jackson auctions are not the really world for 90% of our cars.
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

moparstuart

Quote from: Wingnut426 on June 15, 2018, 12:02:10 PM
I keep breaking the "motor" mounts on my cars, maybe I should try an "engine" mount?  :shruggy:
put a solid one on the left side its torqs first and keep the rubber one on the right side  , works great and doesnt break them anymore  . 
Especially good for a manual trans car      https://www.ebay.com/p/Moroso-62520-Mopar-Dodge-Plymouth-V8-Engine-Solid-Motor-Mounts-66-B-C-E-Body/1034183304?iid=381244294961&chn=ps
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Kern Dog

JB400

It was helpful advice, but still off topic of insurance.  I'll give him a pass. :cheers:

VegasCharger

Quote from: bakerhillpins on June 14, 2018, 01:24:59 PM

OMG you're right. That is hideous, WTF??

Ghoste

That seems to be not exactly an uncommon mistake doesn't it?

wingcar

It's much like "The Ultimate Restorers/Buyer Guides" books you find advertised.  Some are good while others show a real lack of research on the part of the author.   For those using any guide it still falls upon them to do their own homework.  It seems as if in to many cases an author will simply base their work on previous research done by someone else without checking their facts.   A classic example of this is in the way many authors back in the day referred to the Daytona nose cone as being fiberglass.  It started with an article printed in a well-respected auto magazine of the day and repeated numerous times by others.  (I still have copies of this magazine, which has long since gone out of business).

{This is also how History becomes diluted and changed with times......repeat something enough times and many will believe it to be so}. 

Unfortunately, when it comes to insurance...even major errors in their facts can cost you money.   :rotz:
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400