News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

wrecked General Lee clone on ebay

Started by tan top, June 12, 2018, 08:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

timmycharger

Quote from: Lennard on June 15, 2018, 04:00:06 AM
Quote from: timmycharger on June 14, 2018, 01:21:46 PM

How did you reach that conclusion from just seeing the pictures?

I'm just curious as I was an auto claims adjuster for 10 years and saw countless crashed vehicles and the ones where the jaws of life were needed or where a roof was cut off were much more destroyed than this Charger. Usually the car was upside down or so squashed that they couldn't access the driver or passenger.

My reply was to JR, about him saying that "firefighters take any excuse to play with their toys."  I wasn't talking about this car in particular and I didn't reach a conclusion.  I was a professional firefighter longer than you were an auto claims adjuster and I've been there, done that, got the T-shirt and certification so I'm not just talking poopoo. ;)

I was referring to this car, the one the thread is about.

Dano 1

How can this auction possibly be up to $7500, sure there's some usable parts there but surely not $7500 worth?  :o
1969 Charger 383 2bbl, R4 red, White hat special project

Check out my website for 3D printed restoration parts and accessories.
www.nextgendesignsnc.com

krops cars

That is nuts. I have a 1970 Charger not 500 or R/T. With 383 hp. pistol grip 4 speed trac pac suspension tail panel trim buckets air tic tock tach and spoiler top banana . Numbers match. Needs restore. That must be worth $30,000.00 Ha

moparstuart

Quote from: krops cars on June 15, 2018, 10:42:44 AM
That is nuts. I have a 1970 Charger not 500 or R/T. With 383 hp. pistol grip 4 speed trac pac suspension tail panel trim buckets air tic tock tach and spoiler top banana . Numbers match. Needs restore. That must be worth $30,000.00 Ha
depending on condition and how much rust ,  it may very well be worth that 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mike DC

Meanwhile, the aftermarket still thinks there wasn't adequate demand for a reproduction 68-70 Charger shell . . .

70B5Cuda

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 15, 2018, 03:20:10 PM

Meanwhile, the aftermarket still thinks there wasn't adequate demand for a reproduction 68-70 Charger shell . . .

there will always be demand I'm afraid....When Dynacorn picked the Challenger it looked like a safe bet but it turned out to be a huge gamble that won't ever pay off. I don't see anyone making a Mopar body ever again.
1968 Roadrunner-6.1L, 6 speed, 3.91 Getrag, IRS
1968 Charger- 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Charger in RR1 "Ribeye"
1969 Charger in EW1 "S'more"
1969 Charger Survivor-R6, 383, 727.....WRECKED
1970 Barracuda-6.1L, 6 speed, 4.10 S60

Mike DC

Quotethere will always be demand I'm afraid....When Dynacorn picked the Challenger it looked like a safe bet but it turned out to be a huge gamble that won't ever pay off. I don't see anyone making a Mopar body ever again.

Safe bet?  I think their evidence for that was "Chrysler is making a new Challenger". (And that was done because Chrysler had totally underestimated the demand for a retro-bodied Charger.)

The 2nd-gen Chargers command almost as high prices as the Challengers (or equally high) and the production number was several times as much.  There is this longstanding assumption that the Challenger should get #1 priority in reproduction stuff - I question whether it has ever been justified.    

I wonder how much of the assumption has been driven by Ford/GM-centric repro companies looking at the Mopar market and saying: "The Challenger is the Camaro & Mustang sized Mopar . . . of course that's gonna be their #1 model." 

70B5Cuda

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 15, 2018, 07:11:23 PM

Quotethere will always be demand I'm afraid....When Dynacorn picked the Challenger it looked like a safe bet but it turned out to be a huge gamble that won't ever pay off. I don't see anyone making a Mopar body ever again.

Safe bet?  I think their evidence for that was "Chrysler is making a new Challenger". (And that was done because Chrysler had totally underestimated the demand for a retro-bodied Charger.)

The 2nd-gen Chargers command almost as high prices as the Challengers (or equally high) and the production number was several times as much.  There is this longstanding assumption that the Challenger should get #1 priority in reproduction stuff - I question whether it has ever been justified.    

I wonder how much of the assumption has been driven by Ford/GM-centric repro companies looking at the Mopar market and saying: "The Challenger is the Camaro & Mustang sized Mopar . . . of course that's gonna be their #1 model." 

I agree with you. At the time (the early 2000's) the e bodies were king but I still don't know why they picked the Challenger over the Cuda. At the tine the Charger demand hadn't blown up yet; 2nd gen chargers could still be found and for decent prices. The Challenger was pretty hot. I was looking for an e body in the early 2000's and they were nuts!

I think that the Charger has dethroned the Cuda as the Mopar king. and I think the Challenger has fallen several places down on the Mopar totem pole.
1968 Roadrunner-6.1L, 6 speed, 3.91 Getrag, IRS
1968 Charger- 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Charger in RR1 "Ribeye"
1969 Charger in EW1 "S'more"
1969 Charger Survivor-R6, 383, 727.....WRECKED
1970 Barracuda-6.1L, 6 speed, 4.10 S60

Ghoste