News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

‘69 R/T colour combos

Started by Commandodoe, June 15, 2018, 11:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commandodoe

Hello all, I have an uncle that has a '69 Charger R/T that he factory ordered and has been off the road since '79. My question is, does anyone know the production numbers for Car colour combos? It is the F8 Dark metallic green with a tan vinyl roof and tan interior and bumblebee delete, Column shift with a bench seat with the fold down arm rest. 440 with factory disc brakes and a Dana. Any info would be great thanks.

Challenger340

Quote from: Commandodoe on June 15, 2018, 11:22:02 PM
Hello all, I have an uncle that has a '69 Charger R/T that he factory ordered and has been off the road since '79. My question is, does anyone know the production numbers for Car colour combos? It is the F8 Dark metallic green with a tan vinyl roof and tan interior and bumblebee delete, Column shift with a bench seat with the fold down arm rest. 440 with factory disc brakes and a Dana. Any info would be great thanks.

There are no records today of the actual "Color" numbers, or Color combination production numbers, and to the best of my knowledge(limited), apparently whatever records were kept that could have been gone through and disseminated, were unfortunately lost in a fire in the late 70's I think ?

Do you have the Fender Tag or Broadcast Sheet for your uncle's Charger R/T ? Contained therein is the best information as to how the Car was originally equipped from the factory.
Because,
from the information you provided, there would certainly appear to be some other rare oddities that may be traceable number-wise ?

Some things to look for on the Broadcast Sheet would be:
"Y14" under Sales Code as an "ordered car"
and,
relative to the 440/auto with the DANA, other interesting codes present on both the Fender Tag and Broadcast Sheet ?

Only wimps wear Bowties !

6bblgt

there are numbers out there for OPTIONS from the factory Option & Accessory Report,
these are tabulated from the majority of US spec'd/shipped vehicles and account for ~94% of '69 Charger R/T production (18,776)
they were NOT intended to give exact production numbers

I have not seen any percentages/numbers for color combinations
bench seat was not an available OPTION for the '69 Charger,  :scratchchin: bucket seats with folding center arm rest (C.A.R.) ??

440HP auto & 4.10s (~2.1%) approx. 394 Charger R/Ts (1 out of 50)
C.A.R. (~16.3%) 1 out of 6
vinyl top (~81.3) 4 out of 5

Commandodoe

Ok, it's a fold down armrest and it's a Canadian car picked up in late '68 in the Vancouver area.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Commandodoe on June 17, 2018, 01:32:57 PM
Ok, it's a fold down armrest and it's a Canadian car picked up in late '68 in the Vancouver area.

Is the car still in the Vancouver area? I'm out in the Fraser Valley.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Ghoste

Pat1973charger

I have a similar car, 69 charger R/T 440 727 column shift. White interior with buckets and a buddy seat (the fold down arm rest). F8 stripe delete but it had no vinyl top. I'm also in Canada down here in little old Lunenburg Nova Scotia.