News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona deck lid dimensions

Started by winghawg, April 21, 2018, 07:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winghawg

Does any one have the dimension to shorten a charger deck lid for a Daytona tribute car project? And does any one have the deck lid close out panel cap to cover the hole? Thanks

hemi68charger

If no one has replied before I get back from my morning activities, I'll take some pictures and dimensions from my C500 or Daytona..

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

charger chris

I am intreed in this info as well. :popcrn:
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

70 sublime

I think the best thing to do is fill in your back window first then make the trunk fit the hole
You have to decide how you are going to make the water gutter across the front of the trunk opening
Real Daytona this has a curve to it ( hard to bend a gutter with a curve) or just make it straight ??
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

DAY CLONA

Quote from: winghawg on April 21, 2018, 07:10:51 AM
Does any one have the dimension to shorten a charger deck lid for a Daytona tribute car project? And does any one have the deck lid close out panel cap to cover the hole? Thanks

A Daytona/500 trunk lid will measure approx 21 1/2 inches along the side edge, IIRC it's 22 1/2+ inches in the center, this is if your using a stock/repro Tona'/500 rear plug( factory car measurements will vary as the trunk lids were modded to fit the plug install and errors were made by Creative Ind.), if your fabbing your own plug and need a gutter for the dutchman panel, the 71-74 B body (charger/Sat/RR/gtx 2dr) dutcman panel gutter is the closest in angle/arch/arc your going to find to mimic the Tona'/500, best advice regardless of trunk dimensions or plug used, fit the trunk lid to the car first, then install the plug, makes life easier for the end result

FYI, the Tona'/500 trunk lid front edge is just folded over 90 degrees, approx 1/4 to 3/8 inch wide, not fold over 180 degrees like a standard panel to seam the underside panel/skin

Mike

charger chris

i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

kevs1969daytona

Chris Sean might have the template left after getting one from a real Daytona few weeks ago.  I can send it in that package.