News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Repro 2nd Gen Bumper Jacks

Started by Ghoste, June 19, 2018, 08:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Apologies if this has been posted already but I see that Tony's Parts are reproducing bumper jacks for the 2nd gen Chargers now.  I don't know anything about them but thought a heads up on the availability would help some of us since there frequently seem to be people looking for one.

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on June 19, 2018, 08:20:27 AM
Apologies if this has been posted already but I see that Tony's Parts are reproducing bumper jacks for the 2nd gen Chargers now.  I don't know anything about them but thought a heads up on the availability would help some of us since there frequently seem to be people looking for one.
they look pretty good and are about 1/2 the price nice originals are going for 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

JB400

I wonder about functionality.  I know most people just want one for cosmetic reasons, but for an actual emergency, I wonder how they'll hold up.  Don't want to fuss with a jack that won't work properly.  Might be worth the extra weight in the car to just carry a portable floor jack

BrianShaughnessy

I have an original somewhere in the basement waiting for me to take to the powdercoater's.

But it'd be for show purposes only.   A long time ago I was stupid enough to use that stuff because it's what we had.

I can get a small aluminum hydraulic floor jack from HF for $59 on sale that works a lot better.

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

TONY

We've used them on cars and they work as good as an original does.
We didnt try to reinvent the wheel, just offer a copy

A customer that bought 3 of them posted here
https://forum.e-bodies.org/parts-for-sale/9/new-t-type-jack-assemblies/7182/msg99828#msg99828

Kern Dog

What ??? Use a factory type jack and risk bending a Chinesium aftermarket bumper ???   :eek2:

69rtse4spd

Quote from: Kern Dog on June 19, 2018, 11:22:43 PM
What ??? Use a factory type jack and risk bending a Chinesium aftermarket bumper ???   :eek2:

Good point. :2thumbs:.

cbrestorations

Quote from: JB400 on June 19, 2018, 09:37:20 AM
I wonder about functionality.  I know most people just want one for cosmetic reasons, but for an actual emergency, I wonder how they'll hold up.  Don't want to fuss with a jack that won't work properly.  Might be worth the extra weight in the car to just carry a portable floor jack

Go to a junk yard and buy a $10 factory jack. Works way better and safer

Ghoste

Which yards have 10 dollar factory jacks for 2nd gen Chargers?

VegasCharger

Quote from: Ghoste on June 22, 2018, 07:41:21 AM
Which yards have 10 dollar factory jacks for 2nd gen Chargers?

Curious as well.  :shruggy:

ht4spd307

Hello Tony i noticed that you sell bases separate do you sell the mechanism separate as i have a badly pitted mechanism on my unit  i would buy the whole unit but unfortunately the shipping and conversion rate to australia  would send it out of the stratosphere

TONY

Hi

im sorry we dont have any mechanisms separate from jacks.

we just made extra bases because we know many jacks are missing or have pitted bases

sorry we couldn't help with just the mechanism

Kern Dog

What a nice guy... he responds and is humble about the situation.    :2thumbs:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Kern Dog on June 23, 2018, 09:30:00 PM
What a nice guy... he responds and is humble about the situation.    :2thumbs:

Tony really is a good one.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Ghoste

Yep, I've bought parts from Tony over the phone and chatted with him in person at Columbus a few times and always a great guy to deal with.

qwick68

68 Charger LL-1 Turquoise