News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dash harness

Started by Ryan.C, June 21, 2018, 06:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan.C

The previous owner of my 69 charger thought it would be a good idea to install a car alarm. He must have taken the car to best buy given the gross amount of butchery there is to my dash harness. I want to start over with a decent new or used harness. Any ideas where I can get a good used one? Who makes a good new harness?
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

I doubt anyone makes a good used harness, but there companies that make close to factory harnesses.

70sixpkrt

I wouldn't buy a good used harness now a days. M&H has the best harness but you can only buy it thru Yearone. Sometimes Yearone has 30% discounts that can add up. If you do buy new, save your old harness to match it up.

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

Lennard

Quote from: 70sixpkrt on June 21, 2018, 07:42:39 PM
I wouldn't buy a good used harness now a days. M&H has the best harness but you can only buy it thru Yearone. Sometimes Yearone has 30% discounts that can add up. If you do buy new, save your old harness to match it up.
:iagree: I bought every wire harness in my '68 new from Year one with the 30% off.

Ghoste

Me too, great investment all considered.

Ryan.C

Thanks for the advise! Ill be on the lookout for discount codes

NHCharger

YO just had a 30% off sale last month.
I also bought all my wiring harnesses from them when they had their 30% free shipping discount several years ago. They usually have it several times a year.
If you haven't already sign up with YO and make sure you are on their email list. Sometimes their discount sales only last for a weekend.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Ryan.C

Quote from: NHCharger on June 26, 2018, 08:11:12 PM
YO just had a 30% off sale last month.
I also bought all my wiring harnesses from them when they had their 30% free shipping discount several years ago. They usually have it several times a year.
If you haven't already sign up with YO and make sure you are on their email list. Sometimes their discount sales only last for a weekend.

:2thumbs: thanks will do

NHCharger

Save 20%* until midnight tonight! Shop YEARONE.com
or call 1-800-YEARONE
Use Code: BOOSTER

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Ryan.C

Quote from: NHCharger on June 27, 2018, 06:08:38 PM
Save 20%* until midnight tonight! Shop YEARONE.com
or call 1-800-YEARONE
Use Code: BOOSTER

I just placed my order, thanks much for the discount code  :2thumbs:

Nickrc3

I need a new wiring harness for the 68' and understand the M & H assembly from Year One is the best choice. Currently, their harness is tagged with a 'Discount Exempt" label. When this sale is offered, the tag is removed and the cost is 30% of the MSRP? Have they eliminated free shipping with these discounts?
Also, can anyone comment on whether their harness has any modification to the alternator gauge circuit.

Thanks Guys.

NHCharger

From what I've seen they only eliminate their shipping charges once or twice a year. And then there is usually a minimum dollar amount you need to buy in order to qualify. Think it was Sept. 2015 they had an end of summer sale 30% off with free shipping. I can't remember what I spent but the savings for the discount and shipping was probably $800. 
The only mods I have seen on the harnesses is the engine harness if you want to go with electronic ignition on some of the earlier years.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Ryan.C

Just FYI Yearone charged me 379 for the harness after the discount code was applied. Shipping was $13.00, not bad IMO.

70sixpkrt

I bought my harness about 12 yrs ago. The sales guy at Yearone screwed up. He gave me discount on top of a discount with free shipping. I ended up paying $250 out the door. This was a dash harness for my 70 Charger. Still have the harness new in the original box.  :icon_smile_big:

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

NHCharger

Quote from: Ryan.C on June 28, 2018, 06:12:23 PM
Just FYI Yearone charged me 379 for the harness after the discount code was applied. Shipping was $13.00, not bad IMO.

Not bad at all. YO use to bend u over on shipping. There seems to be a lot more places to buy parts these days. Especially with the internet.  Maybe they finally realized how much business they were losing.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Ryan.C

Quote from: NHCharger on June 28, 2018, 07:20:23 PM
Quote from: Ryan.C on June 28, 2018, 06:12:23 PM

Not bad at all. YO use to bend u over on shipping. There seems to be a lot more places to buy parts these days. Especially with the internet.  Maybe they finally realized how much business they were losing.

Maybe, I was told to stay away from yearone if you can help it because of the outrageous shipping charges. Come to think of it I am almost "complete" with my resto and this is the first time I have purchased anything from them.

70 sublime

I need a new dash harness for my 69 Charger also
When I saw this thread I took notice
So Year One is the cheapest price I could come up with for an original style harness
I got the same $379 after discount price to come up
Now that I am in Canada I called to get an idea on shipping
Said it was about $33 to my area
So that is about $412 US which then turns into about $548 Canadian
Then another 13% tax brings me in around $620
And I am still stuck with brokerage and handling fees at the boarder on top of that

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

So you guys get a harness for around $400 and for me to get same thing will be closer to $650
Think I said this already
:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

JR

I just want to say, you'll be so glad you replaced the butchered harness. The peace of mind from never having electrical problems is worth every penny.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Ryan.C

Quote from: JR on June 29, 2018, 02:31:02 PM
I just want to say, you'll be so glad you replaced the butchered harness. The peace of mind from never having electrical problems is worth every penny.

I think your right on that account. I will take it a step further and perform the AMP gauge to volt meter conversion I have read so much about on this site.