News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reverse light switch location

Started by Musclecarnut, June 23, 2018, 12:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Musclecarnut

On a 70 charger,factory column shift but now has a console, where is the reverse light switch?

Charger-Bodie

3 prong switch on the side of the transmission.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Musclecarnut

Thanks, for some reason I thought that was Nuetrul safety

Charger RT

it is both center terminal is N/S the two outer terminals are reverse lights
Tim

70 sublime

On a 68 Charger the switch on the transmission only had two pins for the NSS and the reverse light switch was in the console
69 and newer they changed the NSS to 3 pins for the reverse lights 
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Charger-Bodie

Actually the 68 back cars had a one pin safety switch. The b/u switch has two pins .
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Musclecarnut

70 sublime

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on June 24, 2018, 05:26:30 AM
Actually the 68 back cars had a one pin safety switch. The b/u switch has two pins .

OK

So if there was a 2 pin switch on the transmission one pin was not start in gear and other was back up lights ?
What did they do different when they went to 3 pin ?

I was just going by what was on my 68 Charger that I had but who knows how factory that was by the time I got the car ( it had the back up light switch on the floor console shifter)
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 70 sublime on June 24, 2018, 08:58:51 AM
Quote from: Charger-Bodie on June 24, 2018, 05:26:30 AM

OK

So if there was a 2 pin switch on the transmission one pin was not start in gear and other was back up lights ?
What did they do different when they went to 3 pin ?

I was just going by what was on my 68 Charger that I had but who knows how factory that was by the time I got the car ( it had the back up light switch on the floor console shifter)

The 1 pin is simply a ground operated by the rooster comb