News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

‘69 Charger time delay relay

Started by rikubot, June 24, 2018, 12:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rikubot

Hi all. I've got my a/c heater box apart right now and I'm trying to diagnose all the issues with it. I've got the time delay coil doodad out right now and noticed that all the pins are loose and the plate is cracked on one of them rendering it loose. I think all of the play in the pins is leaving the springs too loose to do what they're supposed to, do I was going to see if I could fix it. Is it safe to use something like a gorilla glue two part epoxy on it? What position are the springs supposed to sit? I have a rough idea of how it works, but what does it do? Anyone know where I can find a picture of the heater and ac box wiring diagram?
- Mike
'69 Charger, 440/727

A383Wing

that is not a relay....it's the blower motor resistor.......the spade terminals are usually loose.....put it back in, turn on your key, and see if you have multiple speeds on your heater motor when you move the fan speed switch.....

rikubot

I see. Thank you for the information. I don't currently have the dash controls with me, just the heater box. Think it's safe to glue these pins in better?
'69 Charger, 440/727

A383Wing

They will get hot, best to leave them alone

rikubot

Thank you for the advice. So the springs should not touch, correct? Two were touching when I pulled it...
'69 Charger, 440/727

A383Wing

correct......the heating coils, or springs as you call them should not touch each other

rikubot

Haha thanks. Yeah I'm not hip to the proper terms. Sorry, I'm sure that makes it a pain in the butt to try to help out. Thanks again!
'69 Charger, 440/727