News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Radiator 26'' ID

Started by chrint, June 27, 2018, 12:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrint

Im replacing my old radiator for a new numbers correct one , can someone tell me what the correct numbers on the top tank would be ? 26'' Radiator
Car is Auto 440 1969 RT/SE
VIN
The VIN # is XS29L9B334185
Y2 CRX X9 325 252357    E86 D32 XS29L9B 334185

BLK 68 R/T

IIRC - 2949055 standard or 2949054 if coded for max cooling.

chrint

Is that the factory number that is on top of the radiator tank or a production number?

BLK 68 R/T

hemigeno

We would need to know about a couple of possible options... Air Conditioning, Axle and/or Trailer Tow Packages.

From an older thread:

chrint

My car is Auto, with 8 3/4 rear end, Car is a SE so it has Air conditioning, NO tow pack
Hope this helps

BLK 68 R/T

2949055 based off the information you have provided.

hemigeno

Quote from: chrint on June 27, 2018, 06:27:35 PM
My car is Auto, with 8 3/4 rear end, Car is a SE so it has Air conditioning, NO tow pack
Hope this helps

Sales Code A47 (Special Edition Décor Group) did not include Sales Code H51 Air Conditioning as part of its equipment package.  More than a few cars were spec'd/built with both options, of course.

Does your Fender Tag call out A36 (Performance Axle Package)?  If not, then your car should have been equipped with the 2949055 radiator (26" 2-row core)... WITH Sales Code A36 it would have had the 2949054 (26" 3-row core).  If it's available, your car's Broadcast Sheet would clear up a lot of questions.

chrint

The car never came with the broad cast sheet unfortunately, can I obtain this from a vendor?
Car is at a work shop stripped Acid dipped ready for full nut and bolt restoration .
Thank you all above members for your help Cheers
Chris  South Australia

Ghoste

Unfortunately if you dont have the sheet, there is no way to find out what was on it.  Those records are lost so there is no Mopar equivalent to the Marti Reports.  Some of the records before 68 (I think) were available through Chrysler but I dont know if you can even get those now.

chrint

Hi Ghoste, I will send you all of my cars details tomorrow, it has the H 31 rear defogger option as well which is a rare option.

70 sublime

Why do you think rear defrost is rare ?
Think that was standard on most Chargers in Canada
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

6bblgt

rear defog on US spec. '69 Charger R/T ~13.2% (around 1 in 7 R/Ts had H31)