News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Repro disc brake booster ?

Started by Highbanked Hauler, June 29, 2018, 09:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbanked Hauler

Is anyone using the repro disc brake booster thats on the market now ?  I have heard they can develop a leak after a while.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

resq302

What do you consider a while?  I have one but have not installed it on my car yet.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Highbanked Hauler

An acquaintance of mine has one in his car that will whistle  when the vacume hits a certain level and at that time he had it for 4 or 5 months so I was wondering if this was a trait. Don't know who manufacturer is. 
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

resq302

Fantastic.  Well, I bought the new repro at a killer price and couldn't pass it up.  I also have an original that was rebuilt but needs to be painted and have the pitting filled first.  Most likely the original will be going back onto the car when I do the disc brake swap.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

375instroke

I've been using one daily for a year and a half with no problems.  You need to clearance the big hole in the firewall to fit with the repro.