News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

More Original Superbird Details!

Started by Mopar John, October 28, 2019, 07:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar John

At the 50th Aero Warrior Reunion we ended up having a Superbird parked next to us that had a lot of original details!
The first picture shows yet another Superbird with the metal 1969 style power steering pump cap.
This car was a later one in and out of the conversion line on December 12th!
The second picture shows the oil fill cap with the 4 small spot welds.
The third picture shows the washer bottle cap with no markings and opens to the rear.
The last picture shows a hood bumper with the "FK" markings.
MJ

taxspeaker

Alaskan_TA

This car looks familiar to me........  :scratchchin:

It was a pleasure to meet you as well.

I still need to check other '70 model year cars around here for the FK bumpers......

hemi-hampton

So, Was that hood Bumper painted Body Color from Factory? LEON.

Mopar John

Quote from: hemi-hampton on October 28, 2019, 11:50:50 PM
So, Was that hood Bumper painted Body Color from Factory? LEON.
Leon,
When I did a post only about the factory hood bumpers none of the examples that we found were painted.
So this car must have had some paint repairs.
It looks like to the left of the lanyard it is flaking off and a bit darker red underneath.
MJ

maxwellwedge

Can't tell in the pic - oil cap should have an F and an E on the ears...
My P/S cap is similar but only says....Check Oil Hot

Mopar John

Jim,
The oil cap does have the F and E on the ears.
I bought an NOS power steering cap like yours with "CHECK OIL HOT" just in case we decide ALL Superbirds came with them?
The cap in my above reply has "CHECK OIL HOT" and also has "USE AUTOMATIC TRANS FLUID TYPE A".
MJ

Wingnut426

Stop saying "ALL" when it comes to Superbirds!  Hemi equipped Superbirds come with Federal power steering pumps! LOL! WINGNUT
HEMI Daytona Convertible

hemi68charger

Quote from: Wingnut426 on October 30, 2019, 05:33:44 PM
Stop saying "ALL" when it comes to Superbirds!  Hemi equipped Superbirds come with Federal power steering pumps! LOL! WINGNUT

those damn non-conforming 426 Hemi cars...... different pump, different k-member, different brake booster assembly...... Always having to be different.. :-)
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

maxwellwedge