News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

22 or 24 foot enclosed trailer for a 1968 Charger

Started by krigel, July 03, 2018, 09:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakerhillpins

Quote from: NHCharger on August 02, 2018, 03:44:29 PM
I have a 24' Haulmark enclosed that I haul my Daytona clone with. Plenty of room.

Fits just fine..  :yesnod:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: Aero426 on July 05, 2018, 10:14:07 AM
Quote from: krigel on July 04, 2018, 10:45:03 AM
Thanks for chiming in. Has anyone used Stealth Trailers before? I can get a 24 foot for a pretty decent price.

I have a 2015 Stealth 24 foot box.      No problems.    Hauls good.    I bought mine from Trailers Midwest in Elkhart Indiana.    

24 foot is a popular size.    You could certainly do it with a 22 foot.     With the V-nose, you gain a little extra room in the front for gear, etc.    

I would get the left side entry door.

I have had both bumper pulled with load levelers and goose neck.  I realize that most either do not want the cost, size or have the truck for it.  I get it.   I will share my opinion.   With a 5 figures car in a box... my baby I would not own a bumper pull personally again, unless small open 18'/20' deck trailer.   Which I do have open 18' (pair of 7k axles BTW, both axles brakes).  Other folks cars are in the 6 figures.  Aero's trailer here looks perfect if going bumper pull with load levelers, the side door at car's driver door is absolutely required regardless of trailer.  Honestly, the safety I gain with a dually (truck) and getting the load off the bumper and into the bed is just huge to me.  Go goose neck if you can and willing.  Brakes on both axles is a must regardless of trailers (cheap option really).   Good luck.

Trulyvintage

I have been pulling a trailer just about every day for the past (12) years ... :Twocents:

My latest custom enclosed car hauler is a 30 foot I picked up a few weeks ago .... :popcrn: