News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Question about u.s.customs

Started by kokxville, July 06, 2018, 03:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kokxville

Hi guys,
i'm having a bit of a issue here and hope to gain some advise
I've loaded a container with a 2000 dodge cargo van and a 1978 Chevy c10 truck in Houston Tx.
Now my container has been picked out by customs because they thought they saw something on the scannner.
They took it apart to another warehouse and unloaded it completely. Afterall everything was good but all the work they have done comes for my account.
The want $2527.87 extra from me because of that.
Is there anything i can do about it?
The vessel is on it's way to Rotterdam and will not be released when that's not paid for. :brickwall:

I apreciate it.
Thanks. :cheers:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

JB400

That doesn't sound right.  You shouldn't be charged because they opened it up to take a peak.

I could understand the charge if they found something, as they'd just tack it on to your court costs.

ws23rt

That's an interesting question.

If a shipping company was hired to move your stuff---(and they chose and loaded the container)-- I would think they have some obligation/liability that should at least be shared with you. :scratchchin:
Since you apparently -acquired and loaded your own container- this mess may all be on you and what your lawyer tells you can be done to get you whole again.

My instinct tells me this is not an uncommon issue to be dealt with.