News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any dukes of hazzard toy collectors here??

Started by 69wannabe, July 07, 2018, 10:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69wannabe

I have always picked up dukes toys and stuff when I run across it and being 6 yrs old in 1980 I was the perfect age for the toy boom that landed in the early 80's. Just last week I found a really nice dukes speed jumper set that was complete and in really great shape and early this week picked up a dukes slot car set that was sealed and never opened in a really nice looking box for it to be made in 1981. Just wondered if there were any other dukes fans here that collect any of the old or even newer items from the dukes tv show. I wasn't sure to post this here or in the TV and movies section but since it's more about toy's and not cars I figured here was the right place.

JB400

I'm picky about what I get.  It has to look pretty close to a real Charger before I get it.

69wannabe

If it's vintage and in good condition and is real Dukes and not some knock off I will usually get it if it isn't too expensive. The playset's are hard to come by these days like the speed jumper set and the barn buster sets. Even the 5 car playset with the cardboard roads and paper buildings are rare these days. Of course the original stuff is pushing 40 yrs old so there is no wonder it is getting harder to find...

I've got a pretty good little collection with the speed jumper and barn buster sets in box. There is some more stuff I still want but my collecting has really slowed down, kinda one of those when I have a few extra bucks and lookng at DOH stuff I might buy a few things.

I've wanted an Aladdin lunch box with tag for a fair while, they were expensive 15 years ago and they are still expensive now..... one day...

69wannabe

Same here, I pick up things from time to time when I have a little bit of extra cash. I pick up that stunt buster set in great condition but it's not sealed but still in great shape. I have a couple of the barn buster sets that are open but i'm not sure of the condition since they are in the loft of my garage. My daughter is moving out in august and I may have an open room so I can move some stuff into the house and see what I have and don't have...

THE COLONEL

I used to collect all kinds of Dukes Memorabilia and had a ton of stuff, then bought my 69 and sold almost all of it to do what I wanted to do on the car.  Worked out well on my end, but sometimes I wish I had it all back.  But Id rather have the real thing then the toy cars. lol
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

69wannabe

I remember your car at dukefest in nashville 06/07 I think. Yeah, I love having the real thing out in the garage but still have fond memories of playing with the dukes toys when I was like 5 and 6 years old. I actually sold all of my G1 transformers to do work on my charger years ago and then when the 07 movie came out i turned around and bought a bunch of them back.....

GeneralLee440

I bought the RC cars when they came out with the movie in 2005/2006?, I have had some 1:18 scale General Lee's for a long time when they released them back in 2000, and I have recently started collecting Dukes/General Lee stuff again and boy have they gotten expensive! But none the less I try to find a deal on what I buy. I now have 8 1:18 General Lee's everyone different in my collection along with some 3 car pack chase sets and some 1/25 die cast GL's
Anthony

1970 Dodge Charger...Future General Lee

Dano 1

I have a small collection, it was mostly from going to flee markets and yard sales as a kid. My favorite to hunt down were original 1/64 cars with the stick-on graphics, I have very fond memories of digging through bins of hot wheels at flee markets hoping to find the holy grail. I've picked up a few other things along the way but nothing that extensive, just as I saw stuff I'd pick it up.
1969 Charger 383 2bbl, R4 red, White hat special project

Check out my website for 3D printed restoration parts and accessories.
www.nextgendesignsnc.com

1969 R/T SE

My collection is small. It's a lunchbox couple of model general lees, the action figure set, and a watch.

moparjohn

I have a large collection, a lot of mass merchant stuff from the era, also have scripts, items from Ga.(like a piece from the farmhouse with certificate) current stuff from Cooters stores, many cool things like the Coy/Vance lunch box, And a lot of it is signed. I also have art from James Best. I'm a little out of control.  My man cave has a 1910's barber chair and a lot of the PBR stuff on the walls,a door (01) that is signed too!,  oh, and the pinball machine I got last year! Hello I'm John. I have an addiction.
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

69wannabe

I have been collecting some since day 1 like the original RC general lee made by pro cision from the early 80's. Picked up a speed jumper set back around august and a sealed 1981 slot car set. Have lots of odd's and ends from the 80's like a sealed die cast daisy jeep and a sealed die cast general lee with the bubble around it (canadian version) and lot's of generals from 97 up when it got real popular again. Got two or three tubs full of 80's dukes stuff and a couple of tubs full of the later stuff that came out. I'm always looking for the vintage stuff that's out there and in good condition. The knickerbocker toys stand out to me like the wristracers, finger racers and the playsets that were popular way back then. I have a nice speed jumper set and stunt buster set and I have a couple of the barn buster sets but they are not complete. Got the finger racers and wrist racers still on the cards!! I'm still a child at heart I guess......

GeneralLee440

Hi John! Hehehe

We all still have kids inside of us for sure! My shelf is busting at the seams and now I have to find somewhere else to start putting all my goodies. I recently got the Etch a sketch overlays, all the books about the Dukes: the back roads to early hazzard, the unofficial companion and Gone Racin. I also got the General Lee slot car from Ideal and the card is unpunched, just to name a few of my new goodies
Anthony

GeneralLee440

Anthony

nvrbdn

Oh yes, I have several "Dukes" toys in my collection. Race track, slot cars, model kits, Mego figures and cars, comic books, lunch boxes and tv trays, die cast cars of several sizes. Plus the entire tv series on vhs.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

chargerboy69

I had a fairly nice Dukes collection a few years back, including several vintage toys still sealed in their original boxes.  I listed most of my collection on E-Bay and Cooters in Gatlinburg bought it all.

Still have a few smaller items.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford