News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 camper special help

Started by johnnycharger, July 09, 2018, 12:22:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycharger

Hi All
I just bought my first Mopar truck it is a 1970 D200 Camper Special. I know nothing about these. I do also have a 1970 dodge charger. Both are 383s. What should I know about the Truck? I was surprised to see that it has points. What distributer is best to swap it with? I believe I have an old school mopar upgrade on my Charger. What else should I know? I am thinking that maybe we should lower it. Is that suggested?  What is the best way? Thank you all.

johnnycharger

alfaitalia

Very cool.....sounds pretty heathy too! Never seen one in the UK. You going to leave the patina ....or restore?
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

johnnycharger

Thank you! We will paint it at home at some point but I am not rushing to tht part. :)

Todd Wilson

johnnycharger

Alaskan_TA

It looks very solid from what I could see?

I would love to find one someday.

johnnycharger

Yea it is a great tank of a truck. We get entertained easily when the 727 barks second gear... we will tune it up and make it a little prettier.  I would like to change the side mirrors,  lower it (not a lot), get rid of the points, and add a seat with head rests and 3 points belts....other than that it is good to go!