News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW - 70 bumper/grille

Started by held1823, July 13, 2018, 10:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

held1823

Hi gang. Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I truly have no idea what these pieces are worth.  

Long story short, I am finally putting a nose back on my Daytona. The car currently wears a 1970 doghouse, from which I can use the fenders and hood for the Daytona. This will free up the bumper, grille, headlight buckets, mounting brackets, valance, etc, that are all currently on the car. I hope to use these parts to help fund the reproduction parts I need to finish out the cone. I've posted photos in the trade section here, but realize it's unlikely that many people have wing car stuff just laying around to barter with. I mentioned the items I'd trade for, in the post on that section here.

I also have a second bumper/grille assembly for a 1970. The bumper on the car is the better of the two, while the spare grille is in better shape than the one on the car.   I'm like many (most?) here, with dreams that are bigger than the wallet.  Knowing that, I prefer to help a fellow DC. com member perhaps make progress on their project, as several members are helping me with mine.  While I know they aren't perfect, someone could likely use them. Any and all input is welcome. I can add more photos, if needed.

Thanks, all

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

mopar Robert

I bought a bumper grill assembly complete with headlight motor for $2,000 awhile back. Grill is perfect

mopar Robert

What condition is your front valance in?

held1823

i need to get better ones of the valance, but have these on hand.

the grill on the car is far from perfect. the extra one appears to be totally intact
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

hemi-hampton

I'd say maybe $800 to $1200 in that condition. :Twocents: :shruggy: LEON.

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: hemi-hampton on July 15, 2018, 09:19:30 AM
I'd say maybe $800 to $1200 in that condition. :Twocents: :shruggy: LEON.

I agree on that valuation for the bumper and grille.  It would be worth even more if the headlight systems went with it (like $1500-2000 then).

A few years ago, I tried to sell a similar combo (bumper, mounting brackets, grill and the headlight stuff) on a Kansas trading site for $800.  It was taking up space and I was raising money for a future move.  I kept getting lowball offers from people, some as low as $50 for it, so I took it off of there.  It went back into storage for use on another project car that I have.  I thought craigslist was bad for that, but this was even worse.  I still get phone calls out of the blue asking for odd Charger parts from that one ad.

BTW: 1970 Charger grilles are hard to find without some breakages.  The fins tend to be a weak point in the design... 
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

held1823

thanks for the feedback. any amount helps me with purchasing the pieces i need for the daytona, so those ranges give me hope, lol

i'll have the one complete headlight set-up once i get off off the car. for the life of me, i cannot recall when or where i ended up with the second grille/bumper/hood

as mentioned before, i'd love to keep it "in the family" here on dc .com, but if push comes to shove, i guess i can find a way to get it to the nationals next month.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Kern Dog

I'd love to have 5 or 6 of those laying around.