News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lights Flash

Started by John G, July 17, 2018, 09:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John G

Hi All, can anyone advise on this problem.

When I put the hi-beams on, after about a minute or two, they and the tail lights flash on and off. A friend suggested changing the floor dimmer switch. I did and the problem still happens.

Thanks in advance for any help

Johnny G

BLK 68 R/T

Sounds like your headlight switch is going bad. They have a thermal overload in them which will cause the lights to go on and off. Might also be a wiring issue causing to much load to be placed on the switch.

Back N Black

The headlight switch can cause the same problem. The headlight switch has a thermal protection inside the switch.  If the current draw is too high or the switch thermal strip's points are worn it causes the thin bimetalic strip to raise and removes power to your lights.  Cools down makes contact lights come on switch heats up. Points open. Lights go out. Over and over and over and over

Back N Black

Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on July 17, 2018, 09:47:37 AM
Sounds like your headlight switch is going bad. They have a thermal overload in them which will cause the lights to go on and off. Might also be a wiring issue causing to much load to be placed on the switch.

I guess we were typing at the same time.  :2thumbs:

John G

Thank you both for the replies. My instrument panel needs work so i"ll have to add that switch to the list!