News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can you help me place these parts

Started by john108, July 19, 2018, 01:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john108

1968 Dodge Charger R/T.
I had them in a zip-lock bag with some bolts.
The tag said firewall, engine side, see photos.
I couldn't find them in the photos.
They look like they could be associated with the 3 wiper motor studs.
IF SO, Which way?
And, Is there enough slack to install them with the linkage attached?

ODZKing

Yes, thats what they are (or look like). They go into the rubber insulators and keep them from getting squashed and collapsing.
This is my 73 motor but you get the idea.

john108

Thank you
I am guessing that they slip into the wiper motor, from the firewall side of the motor, with the longer cylinder into the wiper motor.
What is the 4th Nut for?

Gold Rush

Quote from: john108 on July 19, 2018, 02:50:29 PM
Thank you
I am guessing that they slip into the wiper motor, from the firewall side of the motor, with the longer cylinder into the wiper motor.
What is the 4th Nut for?

Does your '68 have the supports between the firewall and fenders?  Sure looks like the nut that secures the supports on my '74 to the firewall.
24 years USAF, 25 years consumer electronics repair technician.  Now I ride a Honda Goldwing trike and wrench my latest project.  Children and Grandchildren are gown so I have to find other places to spend my time and money!

john108

Unless those supports are obvious, I don't think so.

BLK 68 R/T

No fender supports on a 68. The 4th nut looks like the one that holds the pivot arm on the underside of the motor that connects to the wiper linkage.

john108

I guess I will have to look.  If it is, I probably used it when I rebuilt the linkage under the dash.
I hope I can install those bushings without any under dash dis-assembly.

ODZKing

Yes, that is the Crank Arm Nut. I used the one original one that came off my motor pictured.
Please remember this is a 73 3 speed Charger wiper motor. 2 speed are even a little different but not much. I was just trying to example the bushings.