News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

‘69 Dash routing?

Started by rikubot, July 19, 2018, 11:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rikubot

Hi guys just wondering what the back side of the dash is supposed to look like when the wiring is routed the correct way. Any pics would be very helpful.
'69 Charger, 440/727

green69rt

This is all I've got.  I took these before I started taking mine apart.  No guarantee that these are correct just what was in my car.  Hope this helps.

70 sublime

I am working on my dash harness right now also

green69rt

In your second last picture the round cylinder taped into the harness with some wires plugged into it
Is this a head lights on buzzer ?
Part of the A01 package ?

I have the wires to put in my glove box light and map light but do not know where the light on the key plugs in
Does it plug into this buzzer chunk of wire harness ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

BLK 68 R/T

That's the ignition switch light time delay capacitor.

green69rt

Found a pic of the back of the map light.  Can't help on the key light.

70 sublime

Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on July 20, 2018, 08:24:50 AM

So that single yellow wire with square plug right above it is what plugs into the key light
I have the key light and the square plug with one wire
So it looks like that whole piece is an extra harness that runs back to fuse box ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

rikubot

All very helpful thanks. The key light is all part of the headlight buzzer, correct? I built a harness but was missing a part for the buzzer so I pulled it out. I think it was an extra option. Also I heard that relay that operates the key light gets real hot and can cause problems. Super cool though, I'd love to see some pics of that harness complete.
'69 Charger, 440/727

BLK 68 R/T

Quote from: 70 sublime on July 20, 2018, 11:35:48 AM
Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on July 20, 2018, 08:24:50 AM

So that single yellow wire with square plug right above it is what plugs into the key light
I have the key light and the square plug with one wire
So it looks like that whole piece is an extra harness that runs back to fuse box ?

It is tied into the door switch wiring for sure. I'd have to look at the wiring diagrams to see what else it connects into for sure.

rikubot

@ green69rt

Do you have any "after" pics of your dash?

If you got a diagram for the map light, buzzer, and key hole light, I'd love to see it. I think mine was on my old computer and I can't find it anymore.
'69 Charger, 440/727

green69rt

Quote from: rikubot on July 21, 2018, 02:01:31 AM
@ green69rt

Do you have any "after" pics of your dash?

If you got a diagram for the map light, buzzer, and key hole light, I'd love to see it. I think mine was on my old computer and I can't find it anymore.

I haven't started putting my dash together yet, so I can't help.