News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can someone point me in the right direction for c500 trunk hinges?

Started by Shelby67air, July 20, 2018, 12:45:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelby67air

Can i buy them? Does someone make them?  I want to put together the back of my c500 but need the hinges.  Thanks

charger chris

i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Alaskan_TA

Someone here has a thread on how to make them from F-body hinges.

kevs1969daytona

order these from daytonalo amazing quality.  Think 500 is the same as a Daytona 

held1823

i will have a nice reproduction set in hand sometime next week. $275
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Shelby67air

Hello, took time off to rebuild Hemi motor for Roadrunner. Done hope everyone is doing well. Now want to focus on the charger 500. Now I'm ready to buy the trunk hinges. Where can I get them now?.

A383Wing

Quote from: Shelby67air on October 25, 2021, 06:04:39 PM
Hello, took time off to rebuild Hemi motor for Roadrunner. Done hope everyone is doing well. Now want to focus on the charger 500. Now I'm ready to buy the trunk hinges. Where can I get them now?.

scroll up and read the replies

daytonalo

I have made and sold over 50 sets , only have one set remaining just in case I decide to start another Daytona . I still have the tooling to make these

KurtfromLaQuinta

Quote from: daytonalo on November 13, 2021, 01:40:48 PM
I have made and sold over 50 sets , only have one set remaining just in case I decide to start another Daytona . I still have the tooling to make these
Well that's good to know.
So are you going to do that?

daytonalo

With the price of steel what it is  have to get 325.set with the C-channel plus 20 shipping charge USA . Would need 10 orders to make it worth my time.
That said this Aero section has changed dramatically from when I joined in 06. Only few building cars  more gossip about the cars than building  :icon_smile_big:

gymratt30

Id be willing to buy 2 sets from you larry.
Anyone else needing them?????
"2 superbirds sittin side by side"

daytonalo

Im going to post for maybe last time I make Daytona trunk hinges . Last batch was in 2018
With the price of steel what it is  have to get 325.set with the C-channel plus 20 shipping charge USA . Would need 10 orders to make it worth my time.

6PakBee

Quote from: daytonalo on December 08, 2021, 08:44:17 AM
Im going to post for maybe last time I make Daytona trunk hinges . Last batch was in 2018

In your classified you mention that you are using a lighter gauge material than original.  What was the original gauge and what gauge are you using?  Thanks in advance.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: 6PakBee on December 08, 2021, 10:54:59 AM

In your classified you mention that you are using a lighter gauge material than original.  What was the original gauge and what gauge are you using?  Thanks in advance.

Originals are approx .125 or 1/8" inch thick wall square tubing.....

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?