News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ashtray ?

Started by pb24, April 25, 2006, 05:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pb24

When i bought my 68 charger it had a stereo power booster where the ashtray is supposed to be. When i removed the booster it looks like their was no modification done to the dash. I have an ashtray Assembly i want to install and have some questions There are two large clips/springs on each side of the ashtray and i cant figure out where they go or what they do and i also have a chrome plug with a sleeve I know it goes in a hole in the side of the ashtray not sure what is does. thanks I'm going to try to attach some pictures so my question makes sense

pb24

p1

pb24

p2

MGBRingo

The plug with the cylinder is a cigarette lighter.

pb24

I'm talking about the plug that is all the way to the right in the first picture

pb24

JimShine

Mine looks a little different.

Dennis K

The chrome plug with the little hole in it is for an ash tray light. The bulb fits in the tube and the hole allows just a little bit of light so you can see the ash tray at night. Ash tray lights were usually part of the convenience light group package which consisted of a map light, trunk light, and the ignition switch light. My 68 does have an ash tray light, but none of the other lights I just mentioned so maybe it was available as an option by itself, or maybe I don't have the original ash tray in my car. The clips on the sides of the ash tray are for the turn signal and hazard light flashers.

pb24

Animal

the clips on the side of the ashtray hold the flasher unit for the indicaters.Not to be confused with the heavy duty hazzard flasher

Nacho-RT74

anyway stock heavy duty flahers fits on same size clips
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html