News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

considering getting out of my project

Started by FJ5WING, May 20, 2018, 06:51:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

held1823

i might be the poster child for hanging on to an impossible to replace car. and i'd do it all again, though the good and the bad.

mine's sat untouched for over 30 years, several of them pretty lean, so i can relate to the financial aspect.

selling mine would be a life changing financial windfall, but there are things no amount of money can buy or replace.

your bird is about as desirable as one can get. if selling it is life changing and necessary, you'll always have the memories.

if selling it out of frustration, you'll regret it forever. i can't imagine falling out of love with it, and it truly is irreplaceable.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

kevs1969daytona

Quote from: held1823 on May 22, 2018, 07:47:06 PM
i might be the poster child for hanging on to an impossible to replace car. and i'd do it all again, though the good and the bad.

mine's sat untouched for over 30 years, several of them pretty lean, so i can relate to the financial aspect.

selling mine would be a life changing financial windfall, but there are things no amount of money can buy or replace.

your bird is about as desirable as one can get. if selling it is life changing and necessary, you'll always have the memories.

if selling it out of frustration, you'll regret it forever. i can't imagine falling out of love with it, and it truly is irreplaceable.

best way of putting it I have ever read.  :2thumbs:

Beep Beep Dave

Wow sorry to be reading this. That is a tough decision. I wish you the best in making it. Superbird prices have really soared in the last little while. I think if at all possible you should make a push to finish the car and enjoy it. Pretty incredible car that was lucky to have you as an owner. I can only imagine how well done the car is....I never even met you but I believe you own that 1968 Coronet R/T Convertible that is a regular at Carlisle. That is a stunning car.

Best of luck,
Dave   
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

Mopar John

Dave,
After you made a reply about my Superbird I decided to look for one of your posts.
I wanted to see how yours was coming along as you were doing a very nice job on it!
Then I find this and it REALLY made me sad about trying to make a decision to sell or not.
In my own case I have gone through some tough times including a divorce.
I told my friends that stuck with me back then that I would sell my house and move back in with
my mom and dad before I would sell the cars!
In your case this Superbird is very close to being done!
My question is this:
Would you keep the Superbird if it was done and didn't need any more money to finish it?
If it's a keeper set it off to the side and do what you can to get back at it!
I have noticed a recent trend of the six pack Superbirds doing real well at auction!
If your still leaning toward selling get all the documnetation you can together.
Then start with a number that you would be comfortable with?
I hope things have gotten better by now?
MJ