News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HOOD PIN LOCATION DAYTONA

Started by kevs1969daytona, March 09, 2019, 01:53:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevs1969daytona

So it's my understanding that this is "factory correct" but every time I open and close the hood I am so worried the pin will come between the hood and the fender while closing, smashing the paint. Every video on line has something different. ????

hemi68charger

Here is how I have mine... I looked at many vintage photos, survivor cars, etc and this is what I came up with... A Daytona is DIFFERENT than a Superbird..

Video about hood pin

https://youtu.be/gLtP1w4QUQs
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

DAY CLONA

Quote from: kevs1969daytona on March 09, 2019, 01:53:53 AM
So it's my understanding that this is "factory correct" but every time I open and close the hood I am so worried the pin will come between the hood and the fender while closing, smashing the paint. Every video on line has something different. ????

hemi68charger

Quote from: DAY CLONA on March 09, 2019, 12:59:40 PM

I feel validated...  :icon_smile_big:

Mike, notice the funky hood turn-indicator blockouts? Interesting... Flush with the surface contour instead of flush blank over the lens opening...
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

DAY CLONA

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 09, 2019, 02:04:07 PM
Quote from: DAY CLONA on March 09, 2019, 12:59:40 PM

Mike, notice the funky hood turn-indicator blockouts? Interesting... Flush with the surface contour instead of flush blank over the lens opening...

That's why when it comes to wingcars, there no "rule book"...

Here's a set of funky lanyards on a 69 magazine roadtest Daytona back in the day...

hemi68charger

Quote from: DAY CLONA on March 09, 2019, 05:01:52 PM

That's why when it comes to wingcars, there no "rule book"...

Here's a set of funky lanyards on a 69 magazine roadtest Daytona back in the day...

You can see the standardized hardware though.. the three oval and single round that held the lanyard.. My guess is the original lanyard is MIA..
Troy