News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hotchkis fr sway bar end link too short on b-body?

Started by MartinTheHuman, July 23, 2018, 05:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartinTheHuman

Hi, long story short I can't get a phone signal here in rural AR to call Hotchkis until tomorrow and I'm on limited time so thought I'd ask here. Installing their front sway bar on my b-body 69 Charger R/T I've come to find out that the end link bolt is too short, as in after adding in the thickness of the tab on the stock LCA and the sway bar, there's not enough meat on the threads to even get the unlock nut even a couple threads in. It looks like I'll have to trim down the spacer, has anyone ever encountered that before and had to do the same with the Hotchkis kit?

It seems like more people had problems with the rear sway bar, that thing almost just slid on with no issue. Couldn't even find a decent video on Youtube university for a front install. This has been the only hiccup with the front end links, I look forward to my sure to be crappy rosette welds when I get this figured out.

c00nhunterjoe

They are usually short. Have to compress the links some with a bar to start the nut unless the hotchkis setup is different for some reason

WHITE AND RED 69

Mine were the same, place a bottle jack under the end link and lift the end just til you can thread the bolt on. The bushings are stiff so it takes a little weight to get them to compress enough to start tightening them down.

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

MartinTheHuman

Thanks guys, will get back out there tonight when the temp drops to a comfortable 90 degrees and give it a shot. It's up on a lift at the moment since I also bought a new trans fluid pan, I'll need to drop it and get the ramps and jack out. That means that the threads should also be on the top then and the bolt heads are facing towards the deck. The instruction book disappeared during the 7 month hiatus I took and couldn't get online until today to even download the instructions, but still wasn't 100% on which way to load the end links in the LCA.