News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 RT for sale (Classic Car Guy)

Started by RCCthatsme, July 23, 2018, 05:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RCCthatsme

Anyone have any experience with this Michael Johnson (classic car guy)?  He is in Cali but tried to get me into a car in IL.  It appears odd to me but that may be the price to put an ad on his site <<<????

http://www.classiccarguy.com/details_new.asp?id=3438

JB400

By his other name- hlpag.   Turn and walk the other direction.

BLK 68 R/T

Challenger340

Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on July 23, 2018, 07:39:35 PM
Fender tag looks weird to me....

That's because it is....

Another Colossal P.O.S. being marketed with a B.S. narrative, telling another unsuspecting customer exactly what their subjective hearing wants to hear ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Oneofthesedays

I had a short conversation with this guy a while back about a 68. Told me they build all their chargers the same.  His guys is in IL. For 60K I couldn't pull the trigger. 

For some of us buyers, like me, it's not subjective hearing it's lack of knowledge which is why we turn to places like this for you experts to hopefully educate us so that we are not fooled.  Most of us want to walk away with a car worth the money we are spending but we don't always know what to look for. 

Can't say if the guy is a scam or not - doesn't appear to be but what exactly you would be getting is a different story. Hard to know what's been done to the car, how the work was done and what's real and what isn't. You sir might be much more educated in this market than I so my reply is just to say I've had contact with him but only asking questions via email

bakerhillpins

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Oneofthesedays

This is the address given to me for the "classic car guy" selling out of IL with a CA contact number.  Not sure if it's the same as the above addressed person(s) but here it is for what it's worth.  You can google earth and take a look

185 W Grand Ave
Lake Villa, IL 60046

Cooperman

Wow! I remember this one of AirborneSilva's back in 2005 like it was yesterday. Can't believe they're still doing this to people...  :RantExplode:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,3692.0.html
I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants!

INTMD8

Quote from: Oneofthesedays on July 24, 2018, 05:40:10 PM
185 W Grand Ave
Lake Villa, IL 60046

Yes, been there for years, just a few miles away from my house.

69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

Challenger340

Quote from: Oneofthesedays on July 24, 2018, 12:08:11 PM
I had a short conversation with this guy a while back about a 68. Told me they build all their chargers the same.  His guys is in IL. For 60K I couldn't pull the trigger.  

For some of us buyers, like me, it's not subjective hearing it's lack of knowledge which is why we turn to places like this for you experts to hopefully educate us so that we are not fooled.  Most of us want to walk away with a car worth the money we are spending but we don't always know what to look for.  

Can't say if the guy is a scam or not - doesn't appear to be but what exactly you would be getting is a different story. Hard to know what's been done to the car, how the work was done and what's real and what isn't. You sir might be much more educated in this market than I so my reply is just to say I've had contact with him but only asking questions via email

All I can say is LOTS of owners/knowledge about these Cars on this Site, and IMO, never a bad idea to throw any "potential" purchase up here for a Yeah or Nay good or bad.

I certainly can't comment on HLPAG or ClassicCarGuy from personal experience, but I can comment, that there is sufficient Google "experiences" on the Web from other's, to warrant extreme caution to due diligence with anything that "gentleman" may be Selling.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Bronzedodge

A/C car with heater hoses bypassing the valve - inside will be hot.  Missing A/C stuff.  Wonder what else is wrong?
Mopar forever!

G-man

Quote from: Bronzedodge on July 26, 2018, 05:31:23 AM
A/C car with heater hoses bypassing the valve - inside will be hot.  Missing A/C stuff. Wonder what else is wrong?

The guy selling

Here is another link to read through, 2009 mind you. http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=56962.0

mghtymous21

So I know people say this guy is a scam, and that may be so. But can we elaborate on how it's a scam? Do they just sell junk? Do they take the money and run, failing to deliver a car at all? Just curious. Thank you for any replies

Oneofthesedays

I do know of a guy that purchased a car from him and the car did arrive but I think the issue is what you're getting. The guy I know said he thought it was a solid car but didn't care all that much cause he was gutting the car to restomod anyhow

Mike DC

QuoteSo I know people say this guy is a scam, and that may be so. But can we elaborate on how it's a scam? Do they just sell junk? Do they take the money and run, failing to deliver a car at all? Just curious. Thank you for any replies

Hans Ludke has been known to do all sorts of things.  Sending pics of one car and delivering a different one.  Deceptive pics.  Outright lies.  Dangerous repairs.  Anywhere he sees an opening to screw somebody.  People in the Charger hobby were saying "I can't believe this guy isn't in prison already" and that was 10-15 years ago.   

hemi-hampton

Quote from: mghtymous21 on April 09, 2019, 05:08:32 PM
So I know people say this guy is a scam, and that may be so. But can we elaborate on how it's a scam? Do they just sell junk? Do they take the money and run, failing to deliver a car at all? Just curious. Thank you for any replies

If it's that HPLPG  guy Hans, whatever his name is, All I've seen& heard was nothing good. He'll take a $1,000 rust bucket POS, Fill the rust holes with a old sock, slap bondo on it & the whole car. Put a Earl Scheib $99.95 paint job on it & tell you a little old lady's car with only 1 repaint to freshen up the faded original paint & original 32,000 miles instead of 232,000. The built 440 Hp. will really be a 383 2bbl motor, with rod knock & slipping trans & 6cly rear end. RUNNNNNNNNNNN fOREST rUNNNNNNNNNN.