News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Galen Govier

Started by Frank, July 24, 2018, 07:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Restoring a 69 RT/SE.  When I am done and since it is a numbers matching car, is it worth the money to have Galen Govier do his inspection and report?  Not planning to sell the car,  but we all know things change and if I ever did want to sell it, does his report make a difference?  Thanks

DAY CLONA

Y1CHARGER

I agree with Day Clona,   I've seen a Galen report that had so many discrepancies that I really wondered if he even saw the car.   Also keep in mind that if you were to do an inspection by someone, the older the inspection gets the less reliable it becomes.  If I were an inexperienced buyer and looking for a car, I would want to see a current inspection report, not one that was 5 or more years old as condition, parts, and matching numbers could change.

Kern Dog

You could sell your car today and in 5 years when Galen finishes the report, you can mail it to the guy that bought it from the guy you sold the car to.   :smilielol:

c00nhunterjoe

If you have the vin tag, fender tag, and broadcast sheet, then what are you paying him for?
If you dont have the fender tag or broadcast sheet, then what are you paying him for?

Edelbroke

Birdflu

Knowledgeable Mopar enthusiasts can and will be able to verify what they're buying if the car is ever put on the market. However, if you'd like to have it authenticated by an industry professional, I'd personally recommend using Dave Wise.  :2thumbs: 

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Birdflu on July 24, 2018, 10:16:06 PM
Knowledgeable Mopar enthusiasts can and will be able to verify what they're buying if the car is ever put on the market. However, if you'd like to have it authenticated by an industry professional, I'd personally recommend using Dave Wise.  :2thumbs:  

Isn't he the one that "authenticated" the "70 V code, air conditioned, auto, cruise control equipped Charger."..the one later found the have an aged repro door VIN tag? ...among other problems? ....oops :scratchchin:

6bblgt

Quote from: DAY CLONA on July 24, 2018, 10:32:55 PM
Knowledgeable Mopar enthusiasts can and will be able to verify what they're buying if the car is ever put on the market. However, if you'd like to have it authenticated by an industry professional, I'd personally recommend using Dave Wise.  :2thumbs:  

Isn't he the one that "authenticated" the "70 V code, air conditioned, auto, cruise control equipped Charger."..the one later found the have an aged repro door VIN tag? ...among other problems? ....oops :scratchchin:

Dave was hired to inspect the car - I don't believe his report said the car was "authentic"  :scratchchin: he didn't ID the door sticker as a reproduction  :icon_smile_blackeye:

4mayhemi

A GTS inspection or report mattered in the last millenium, this decade and beyond, not so much.  You can document stamps, part no's, NOS, etc. yourself as the knowledge base is available, and no better time than during resto. 

If you want a report, currently Dave Wise MMC Detroit is more active with all Mopars, shares his knowledge, runs a better business, and corrects mistakes learned.  Besides, GG would probably only return your call if it's a hemi with a sunroof.

1974dodgecharger

minimal price starting is 5k...just give me the 5k instead and I will telll what you have....you have the fender tag right?  Ill decode that for you.

Mopar Nut

Free just pay shipping and handling...  :icon_smile_big:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Frank

That was unanimous!  I actually have everything but the broadcast sheet and am taking photos to document the restoration including photos of all the VIN numbers so, I will save my money!  Thank you.

Homerr

Galen had a place before free internet decoders.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: 6bblgt on July 24, 2018, 11:01:58 PM
he didn't ID the door sticker as a reproduction  :icon_smile_blackeye:

IIRC, Dave Walden ID'd the door sticker...

cdr

Quote from: DAY CLONA on July 25, 2018, 03:02:29 PM

Yes
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

rarefish

GG....who?  I think not....

John_Kunkel

Grinnin' all the way to the bank.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

375instroke

If anyone brings up that name, I assume they're trying to rip me off.

green69rt

Ya know, this guy probably had his use some years ago.  But, things change, with all the on-line decoders and other info available -- not so much.  Some old business models hang on too long.  Like old singers that have lost their voices still clinging to that last concert.  Just give it up.  I wouldn't use him; not because of any ill will, just not needed.

Kern Dog

Quote from: green69rt on July 28, 2018, 10:33:31 PM
Ya know, this guy probably had his use some years ago.  But, things change, with all the on-line decoders and other info available -- not so much.  Some old business models hang on too long. 

That is only part of the problem with that assclown.
He has a history of taking money and failing to do the work in a timely manner. He has been known to open hoods and move stuff from dashboards to get a look at numbers on cars at car shows. I'd kick that fat ass 5 times if  saw him touch my car. Add to it his blatant arrogance.....He is a waste of space.

Davtona

Quote from: DAY CLONA on July 25, 2018, 03:02:29 PM
Quote from: DAY CLONA on July 24, 2018, 10:32:55 PM

X2

resq302

My new 69 GTX convertible that I just got in Feb has a GG report as the previous owner had him do an inspection one year at the Nats.  The report is so way off on the condition of the car its not even funny.  GG rated the car as being a high 2 low 1.  The condition that the car was in I would say was a solid 3 at best !  After what I heard has happened with him, I have no faith in his reports anymore and seeing the report that I got with my car, I can understand why.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Mopar Nut

:flame:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Homerr

If you have a '68 just enter it in to the 1968 Charger Registry in my sig and then cherry pick a unique combo of color and option(s) and call your car '1 OF 1 IN EXISTENCE!'*

I won't even charge you a dime.

* Known to exist in the 1968 Dodge Charger Registry.

4cruzin

Wow you guys are tough!  I guess we have the answer . . .  :icon_smile_big:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Lennard

Quote from: 4cruzin on August 01, 2018, 10:24:11 AM
Wow you guys are realistic!  I guess we have the answer . . .  :icon_smile_big:
Fixed it.

DixieRestoParts

I have an R/T SE and would be glad to help you decode your fender tag. They are my favorite car! Is it an auto or 4-spd? Just curious.
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

Frank