News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Hemi Charger 500 getting restoration

Started by Magnumcharger, May 05, 2006, 09:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnumcharger

This car is being restored at Joey's place in Edmonton Alberta.
As you can see....it's getting the works!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Ghoste

Whoohoo!  One more gets preserved.   Any more pics?  Before shots maybe?

moparfied

tan top

Quote from: Ghoste on May 05, 2006, 09:58:42 PM
Whoohoo!  One more gets preserved.   Any more pics?  Before shots maybe?
:iagree: :scope: :popcrn: any idea what the original color is.
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Magnumcharger

No idea what the original color was, but it was lime green when it was bought on Ebay last fall...
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

tan top

Quote from: Magnumcharger on May 06, 2006, 10:23:32 PM
No idea what the original color was, but it was lime green when it was bought on Ebay last fall...
   yeah i remember that  C500 now , on ebay , hemi 500  :drool5:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparfied

The body didn\'t look like it needed that much work in the before picture. That just goes to show you,that you don\'t know what you have until you strip them completly!

69_500

So that is the one that was on Ebay? If it is then it is a pretty early production 500. It is the in the first batch or so, because it is prior to any 440 powered 500's that I have information on. The first 25 or so 500's I have are all HEMI's.

moparfied

Thats a lot of metal work there,its definatly a worthy car though. the window plug looks ok.

PocketThunder

:o :o :o :o  awe man, i wonder how much that body work will cost...?  ....?? :-\
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparfied

I do not think they can get hurt on this one being a Hemicar,but a 440 car needing that much work could be risky! Their not pulling anywhere near what the other Mopar aero cars are!

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Magnumcharger on May 05, 2006, 09:49:26 PM
I used to own that car. It is an F8 4-speed 4.10. I can't tell you why they would hack the quarters off - it was a very solid car when I sold it 3-4 years ago. Tranny matched - motor long gone. No sheet - just the original fender tag. I bought it out of Escanaba Michigan along with a white, 4-speed 440 Daytona. Had to sell - too many projects! Sold the pair to a guy in Quebec. I have the fender tag info attached.....At least it's getting done!

moparfied

I was kind of shocked,when I saw the before pictures,it did not look to me like it needed that much metal work. I expected to see a real rust bucket,that was pulled out of the woods! Maybe they dipped it,and a lot less car came out of the tank,than went in! I bet you wish you still owned those two cars!

hemigeno

Quote from: maxwellwedge on May 07, 2006, 07:53:36 PM
I used to own that car. It is an F8 4-speed 4.10. I can't tell you why they would hack the quarters off - it was a very solid car when I sold it 3-4 years ago. Tranny matched - motor long gone. No sheet - just the original fender tag. I bought it out of Escanaba Michigan along with a white, 4-speed 440 Daytona. Had to sell - too many projects! Sold the pair to a guy in Quebec. I have the fender tag info attached.....At least it's getting done!

Maxwell,

Do you still have any fender tag or other info from the Daytona?

BTW, welcome to the site, and to the Aero forum!!!

:cheers:

Geno

nascarxx29

The white daytona Maxwell mentions sounds like a car from Fred Mcnally of MI once owned 410786.
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

maxwellwedge

"Maxwell,

Do you still have any fender tag or other info from the Daytona?

BTW, welcome to the site, and to the Aero forum!!"

Hi hemigeno,
Glad to be aboard!
F-tag attached.

nascarxx29,
Yes - I bought both cars from Fred - the daytona is being restored by the people that bought the two from me - there is a link to it - I'll have to find it and post later. They changed the gut from black to red - it is looking good though. Both cars had matching tranny's but no motors. The Daytona had 2 build sheets, the 500 only had the original f-tag.
I also had one of the two SE Daytona's sold new from the same dealership in BC. Mine was 665 - the other was 666 - tag attached.

hemigeno

Maxwell,

Thanks for posting that info!!!!

I had seen the 665 car on the Canadian Cars in Barns website, and it's neat to see you on the site here.  Whatever became of that car? 

maxwellwedge

Quote from: hemigeno on May 08, 2006, 07:42:40 PM
Maxwell,

I had seen the 665 car on the Canadian Cars in Barns website, and it's neat to see you on the site here.  Whatever became of that car? 

I sold it to a local fellow - He did a resto and still has it. I have not seen it since he did it. Someone told me on the weekend he wanted to contact me....I guess I'm going to see it shortly. I should of kept all three  :yesnod: They all had the same problem though - all needed a resto and all had the original trans but not the motors. That stuff mattered to me more then. I just picked up a nice original paint 6 BBL Bird though. Still looking for a nice 4-speed Daytona.

Shakey

In this link, there is another link to more photos.

Cool stuff.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,8775.0.html

hemi68charger

Quote from: maxwellwedge on May 08, 2006, 08:34:32 PM
Quote from: hemigeno on May 08, 2006, 07:42:40 PM
Maxwell,

I sold it to a local fellow - He did a resto and still has it. I have not seen it since he did it. Someone told me on the weekend he wanted to contact me....I guess I'm going to see it shortly. I should of kept all three  :yesnod: They all had the same problem though - all needed a resto and all had the original trans but not the motors. That stuff mattered to me more then. I just picked up a nice original paint 6 BBL Bird though. Still looking for a nice 4-speed Daytona.

Hey maxwellwedge !!!!

You don't know anyone who would be wishing to get their hands on an original '68 Hemi Charger R/T project for a swap on a Daytona project?

Geno, sorry for the plug...  ;D

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

hemigeno

Quote from: hemi68charger on May 09, 2006, 04:51:16 PM

Hey, if it gets you into a Daytona, I'll let it slide...    :P

moparfied

That red Daytona looks like its all there, I would love to have that car.

maxwellwedge

QuoteHey maxwellwedge !!!!

You don't know anyone who would be wishing to get their hands on an original '68 Hemi Charger R/T project for a swap on a Daytona project?

Troy

I tried to trade my Hemi Charger for one last year.....No luck. Here are some pics of the pair - I had them sitting outdoors (under a canopy) in a corner of Roger Gibson's shop grounds while I was trying to decide what to do with them. Obviously the wing was removed (would not fit on the transport truck), the fenders were sent to Redi-Strip and the nose was taken off to assess the innards. Should have kept the pair!!!

hemi68charger

Quote from: maxwellwedge on May 10, 2006, 06:24:34 PM
QuoteHey maxwellwedge !!!!

Troy

I tried to trade my Hemi Charger for one last year.....No luck. Here are some pics of the pair - I had them sitting outdoors (under a canopy) in a corner of Roger Gibson's shop grounds while I was trying to decide what to do with them. Obviously the wing was removed (would not fit on the transport truck), the fenders were sent to Redi-Strip and the nose was taken off to assess the innards. Should have kept the pair!!!

Oh my Gosh !!!  That's my dream.. To have two Aero-Dodges...... And we all now which two those are.....

Troy
Troy