News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Factory dual exhaust set up

Started by 70 sublime, July 25, 2018, 09:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

My car when i got it had headers and dual cherry bombs that dumped in front of rear axle
The car was a college student car ( parking pass in the window) in the early 80's
They had taken out the rear seat belt bolts ( and seat belts) and put longer bolts in to mount muffler hangers on

My car was originally a 383 car and that is what is in it now with the good stock cast exhaust manifolds

The car seems to have only been factory single exhaust

So my question is what do the right parts look like for all the mounts and hangers ?

I see I have a bracket on the floor behind the back of the back seat on one side of the car but none on the other side
Is there a left and right version of this or do both sides look the same ?

Rear frame rail on one side only there is another bracket hanging out to mount something on
Again is there a left and right version or do they both look the same ?

Back corners by the gas tank I have a bracket on both sides and have seen mention if there is exhaust tips or not you use these to mount something ?

I am getting ready to get my car to a muffler shop to put some pipes on and want to have the proper parts on hand

Please help point me in right direction  :2thumbs:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green