News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

stealth heads

Started by darkside, July 26, 2018, 10:32:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkside

Has anyone got some of these heads within the last year? Just wondering if the bugs are all worked out and they are right ready to bolt on now?
I'm interested  in these or edelbrocks.

c00nhunterjoe

Out of the box theyrequire some work to be "right" and to get them to flow like the eddys which will push the cost about equal to the eddys. Even the eddys can use some love out of the box. The trickflows seem to be the best "out of the box" head for the money right now.

BLK 68 R/T

I got a set (stealths) about 1.5 years ago. Pulled them completely apart for cleaning and had to fix a few valve guides that were on the tight side. Checked for flatness with a straight edge and feeler gauges and then installed them.

Challenger340

Yes, we've used and Flowed all Heads mentioned OOTB within the last year, including the Stealth.
IMO,
Any Head you buy these days should be dis-assembled and "checked" prior to installation.... that said, the Trick Flows seem to be of better overall Labor quality than either the Eddy's or Stealth, but at almost twice the $$ they should be, IMO.

Regarding price point vrs what you are doing with a particular Head ? 
Nothing wrong with the Stealth's, and the difference in Flow OOTB from either the Stealth and Eddy's don't amount to a hill 'o beans performance-wise with most sub .500" Lift Street Cams.

Popular KISS Formula for a basically stock appearing .030" over 440 Engine @ 480HP/530 Ft/Lb all done by 5,100 rpm, involves L2355F Pistons, ARP Bolts in the stock LY Rods, OOTB Stealth Heads(checked for service), Torker Intake and a XE284H Comp Cam.
If you want to spend even a couple of hundred $ for a better Valve & Seat Grind on the Stealth including a Bowl cleanup, they go right past 500+ hp, Fuel & Street friendly.

Only wimps wear Bowties !

c00nhunterjoe

Im a big fan of the original torker intake fwiw.

Challenger340

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on July 26, 2018, 06:23:58 PM
Im a big fan of the original torker intake fwiw.
TRUE DAT !   me too  :2thumbs:
Only wimps wear Bowties !

darkside

think i'll go edelbrocks. thanks

69wannabe

The stealth's are good heads, even if you buy eddy heads it is best to have them prepped like they say. The thing I like about the stealth heads is the spark plugs are straight like the factory instead of angled like the eddy heads and the stealth heads appear to be stock heads if painted. Just have a reputable shop to prep them and you should have a really good set of heads and they will flow alot better if you have them prepped too. I have had mine on my engine over a year now and i am still enjoying the torque and power they brought out in my engine.

c00nhunterjoe

Buy the stealths, have them fully ported, paint them engine color, and spank some butt on the street.