News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2944450 Rim Questions.

Started by chaaargerb, July 26, 2018, 04:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaaargerb

2944450 Rim Questions. I have 3 of these rims. I am trying to figure out the date codes and kind of a WIW. I only need one for my Bird spare.
Here is what I know. Only one has the chrysler star and part number. I believe it was on my car as a roller. The other two I got with a 70 Cuda. These were being used for the Cuda's snow tires. The two appear to be over the counter rims. They don't have the part number or chrysler star. I am leaning towards the one with the part number on it for my car. The other two have the same date codes on them.
Any help would be great.

chaaargerb

More Pics the 2 that have the same dates have a label on the inside. if you can't read the dates on the 2  they are 5 on one side of the valve 10 and 7.0 on the other side.

6bblgt

SWEET!  :coolgleamA:

early pre-September '69 wheels didn't have the part number stamping

the M4/? stamping isn't quite clear is the "?" a "9" (the same should be stamped on the center near a stud hole & between the beads where it is nice & shiny)

M = Motor Wheel Corp.
4 = plant #4
9 = 1969

7.0 = 7.0" wide

1 -o- 15 = January 15th
5 -o- 10 = May 10th

6bblgt

can you post pics of the DOT date codes on the tires? under the "YEAR" of Goodyear, not sure where on the Mickey

the pair with the snow tires were probably purchased direct from a Goodyear store (Goodyear owned Motor Wheel in the early '70s),
or from a dealership when the 'cuda was new, sourced from a local Goodyear franchise

for a while the "450" wheels were $500-1000+ each, not sure how much that has changed since a reproduction was recently made available by Tony's Parts

I'd use the number/pentastar stamped wheel in the trunk of your Superbird

odcics2

This is a typical vintage aftermarket wheel.
I worked in the garage at a Sears store in the 70's.
We had racks full of various wheels like this, with the "MW-xxxxx" numbers, for snow tires.
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Aero426

Quote from: odcics2 on July 28, 2018, 09:56:13 AM
This is a typical vintage aftermarket wheel.
I worked in the garage at a Sears store in the 70's.
We had racks full of various wheels like this, with the "MW-xxxxx" numbers, for snow tires.

Good information.

Alaskan_TA

MW on the sticker - Motor Wheel.

odcics2

Budd Wheel was another big source for OEM and aftermarket steel wheels, back then.

And lets not forget Kelsey Hayes...
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

chaaargerb

Finally got a chance to get the pics of the date code info.

Aero426

BDNB tire is week 34 (3rd week of August) 1970
A4TB tire is week 25 (third week of June) 1970

6bblgt

Quote from: Aero426 on August 06, 2018, 03:53:11 PM
A4TB tire is week 25 (third week of June) 1970

the Mickey Thompson tire may not follow the same date coding as the Goodyear (but it does pre-date 1972) anyone know who made MT tires of that vintage?

the M1/0 wheel is 1970 production
the M4/3 wheel is 1973 production

dual fours

Mickey Thompson Tires
MAX-TRAC TIRE CO. ,INC.
P.O. BOX 227
CUYAHOGA FALLS, OHIO 44222
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG