News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mom's LeBaron WIW

Started by Troy, July 28, 2018, 01:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Kanofsky

Definitely a good looker, and they are fun to drive with the torquey 3.0 Mitsu mill.

Do the back side windows go up and down? 
That was a common challenge with these.  Well, at least until the A-pillars rusted from the inside out and then the door hinges had a hard time, but other than that...
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

Troy

I assume the windows work fine as it has been in the garage with the top down forever but the top and rear windows were both up when I went over to take these pictures.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

ACUDANUT

I am late to join in here. My new 94 Dodge Shadow had the same drivetrain.  3.0 auto. It lasted 70K miles.  The transmission went out and the paint flaked off. Chrysler F---ed me.  I have never bought anything new from them again. :flame:
So..  What is the current bid ?  :popcrn:

JB400

I wonder if they used this engine as inspiration when designing the supercharger for the hellcat? :icon_smile_big:

Troy

Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 21, 2018, 03:25:11 AM
I am late to join in here. My new 94 Dodge Shadow had the same drivetrain.  3.0 auto. It lasted 70K miles.  The transmission went out and the paint flaked off. Chrysler F---ed me.  I have never bought anything new from them again. :flame:
So glad you made it! I really was hoping she didn't sell the car without your valuable input. My mind is at ease now.

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

moparstuart

Quote from: Troy on August 21, 2018, 03:39:34 PM
So glad you made it! I really was hoping she didn't sell the car without your valuable input. My mind is at ease now.

Troy

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ACUDANUT

That is kind of rude, don't you think.  :flame:
I was not bashing your Mom's car. Just telling folks what kind of experience I had with that drivetrain.
Stu, I thought we were better than that.  :brickwall:  I GIVE YOU FREE PARTS AND YOU THROW ME UNDER THE BUS.

JB400

Lets see. Site owner is trying to sell mom's car, and you tell him the drivetrain is junk and not worth buying.

Do you see the issue? :popcrn:

Old Moparz

Quote from: JB400 on August 23, 2018, 02:49:14 AM

Not even if it were a rake that he stepped on & lost teeth in the process.  :smilielol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Charger RT

The 3.0 is a mitsubishi engine it has issues like the timing belt needs replaced at about 70k water pump at the same time. it also doesn't have valve cover gaskets that can last 180k like the chrysler 3.3/3.8 can. but if taken care of can easily go 200k or more. my son is currently painting his 94 shadow with a 3.0 his has been converted to a 5 speed. The manual trans makes them very fun to drive. We receintly converted my 94 spirit with a 3.0 to 5 speed as well. We resealed mine 50k ago and with full synthetic oil I go 9k between oil changes. why 9k because that is how many miles it takes to use 1 qt of oil. I do prefer the real mopar engines but a 3.0 will work ok if taken care of. And all 90's chrysler paint sucks actually any ones clear coat paint sucks. my 50 year old chargers single stage looks better then a 10 year old clear coat paint car
Tim

ACUDANUT

Quote from: JB400 on August 23, 2018, 02:49:14 AM
Lets see. Site owner is trying to sell mom's car, and you tell him the drivetrain is junk and not worth buying.

Where and when did I say that ?  I just said I was not happy with the dependability of that drivetrain.  The Stewart throws a jab at me, for no reason.  :brickwall: