News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Buyer be aware Scott Marlow from WBR Im/Export Sugar Land Tx

Started by kokxville, July 31, 2018, 03:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kokxville

A few months ago he sent me a message if he could help me out with parts or cars. I've done business with him 4 years ago and in the meantime his business partner has passed away.( he told me ) At this point i was just about looking for some stuff so offcourse i gave hime my business.
I needed 3 nice complete engines for my customers:
1 complete low milage and good running 5.3 vortec gm v8 with all that comes with it.
1 complete good running low milage 440 with 727 transmission
1 complete good running 454 Chevrolet engine with turbo 400 transmission
The vortec is missing the airconditioning pump,aitcleaner and throttlebody,the valleytray is rusted thru from the 440 so there's been water in it and the 454 is completely junk and has sat full with water and missing the carb aiconditioning pump,ignition and aircleaner as well
I paid $1700 for the 440/$1425 for the 454 and $1250 for the vortec
I asked him and he told me if i needed good engines i should have paid him more.
Then one guy asked me if i knew a 70 chevy c10 truck. I've asked him and he did he said. He send me a few pictures and i ased him if the truck was in good condition.
The first time i've started it it was smoking like hell. The engine is completey worn and leaks all over the place. Paid him $4500 for that truck
I'm so pissed right now.
Stay away from this guy and his business.
Het takes peoples money and promisess things he won't come true. :icon_smile_angry:
I'm in for almost 8k and this will go up :flame:
I have to buy the missing parts for my customers and have to search for another good running 454 engine  :brickwall:
I called him and send hime messages and he will not come clean whatsoever.
I think he needed money fast and i was the doefus that felt for it.
SO AGAIN! STAY AWAY FROM THIS MFER!
This is his business: http://www.wbrexports.com/

Thanks for letting me blow my fuse here. :cheers:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

lukedukem

I'm not to far from sugar land so thanks for the heads up.
sounds like all his stuff got flooded from that hurricane Harvey last year and he's still dumping it.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Aero426

Being that you are outside the USA, sorry to hear you have been victimized by a predator vendor.   

kokxville

Well,
:brickwall:
Turns out the 5.3 vortec engine was actually a 4.8.Missing the aicro pump,powersteering pump,Altenator,throttle body with all the brackets. I've found those parts over here and bought them for my customer to keep him happy. But those parts cost me 600 euro's  :eek2: So he screwed me on that engine too. :flame:
Both 440 and 454 were indeed possible flooded engines from hurricane Harvey. I've pulled the heads from the 454 and came to this conclusion. See the pictures. Yes that is mud between the rockers  :-\ So Lukedukem you are probably rightabout this!
The valleytray gasket on the 440 was completely rotten. That engine is also in the same condition like the 454. Haven't found the time yet to tore that thing down but it also looks very bad. Theré no oilpan on it and the cranck and all internal parts are very rusted. :rotz:
He also told me he sended me parts in the mail because the weren't on time to go with the containerfreight. But you can geuss what happened. I've never got them.
At this point i called the police in Sugar Land and they have told me i have to go see the police over here and fill in a complaint. Then maybe they can do something about it.
Maybe it's a long shot,but if you never try you'll never know.  :pullinghair:

1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

hemi68charger

Quote from: kokxville on August 30, 2018, 03:52:30 PM
Well,
:brickwall:

Wow !!! That engine looks like it has been submerged thanks to Hurricane Harvey.. Looks like a lot of sediment in the head......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

RECHRGD

How can someone pull that kind of crap and even sleep at night?  Why did he even bother to send that junk?  He could have just kept the money and sent nothing.....
13.53 @ 105.32

Birdflu

Quote from: RECHRGD on September 02, 2018, 12:43:45 PM
How can someone pull that kind of crap and even sleep at night?  Why did he even bother to send that junk?  He could have just kept the money and sent nothing.....

:iagree:

hemi-hampton

Quote from: RECHRGD on September 02, 2018, 12:43:45 PM

Easy, some people have no ethics or morals or conscience & can sleep fine knowing they are a low life scumbag. :shruggy:

But if you have a good name why drag it under the bus?

Sadly I think overseas people get the seconds, the crap nobody else wants, because it's so far away and not worth returning half the time.

b5blue

Start here: https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/cpd/consumer-protection   
  Follow through and explain the extreme nature and duress caused by this fraud. He is required to have a or several business licenses that should be revoked. Consider contacting the local police department for consultation. He is giving Texas and the USA a bad reputation.

fastmark

Man that's is just downright stealing. Sorry for your loss. If I lived closer, I'd pay him a visit for you just to tell him he's a scumbag and we're going to spread the word. Old 440 core motors are everywhere here in Texas. The most I have ever sold them for is about 750. I have more than I can store in my shop right now.

Challenger340

I don't completely understand here ?

If the OP specified initially complete good running for each engine as his criterion ?
Then IMO,
quite obviously there is a miscommunication suggested in the Vendor's response when questioned about the condition of the Engines received, where he states "if you needed GOOD engines you should have paid him more"

This response from the vendor would seem to illustrate a lack of cognizance around the "complete good running" expectation ?
Which for the Vendor to fulfill that criterion ? would suggest the Purchaser believed(stated or therwise by the Vendor), that the Vendor had some level of personal continuity with each Engine in witness to it running and running good before being pulled for supply ?

1.) Did the OP and Purchaser question the Vendor around his COMPLETE and GOOD RUNNING assertion for details in his continuity, before purchasing ? and what were the Vendor's guarantee's therein ?

2.) Do you have any emails/correspondence wherein very clearly you express in writing the COMPLETE GOOD RUNNING Engines as your Criterion ? BEFORE forwarding the obviously substantial Funds for these Engines ?

I'm a machine shop, and I am NOT defending anyone !
just say'in.... you all may be quite surprised at what we see coming in as "Cores" for rebuild ?
Again, I am not speaking to this particular transaction as obviously there seems to be either some mis-communication, or outright failure in expectations, just pointing out that when we purchase "cores" most times we have no idea what we will find once dis-assembled ? and many are far worse than those in the pictures shown.

IMO,
You purchased "rebuildable" Cores, that were "running" when pulled, as is the ONLY guarantee our shop gets when purchasing "cores" ?
Which is far different.....
than purchasing "complete good running" Engines from say an auto recycler, where they RUN the Engines, do Compression Tests, etc., etc., and usually offer a minimum 90 day warranty.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

kokxville

Quote from: Challenger340 on September 22, 2018, 11:01:23 AM
I don't completely understand here ?

If the OP specified initially complete good running for each engine as his criterion ?
Then IMO,
quite obviously there is a miscommunication suggested in the Vendor's response when questioned about the condition of the Engines received, where he states "if you needed GOOD engines you should have paid him more"

This response from the vendor would seem to illustrate a lack of cognizance around the "complete good running" expectation ?
Which for the Vendor to fulfill that criterion ? would suggest the Purchaser believed(stated or therwise by the Vendor), that the Vendor had some level of personal continuity with each Engine in witness to it running and running good before being pulled for supply ?

1.) Did the OP and Purchaser question the Vendor around his COMPLETE and GOOD RUNNING assertion for details in his continuity, before purchasing ? and what were the Vendor's guarantee's therein ?

2.) Do you have any emails/correspondence wherein very clearly you express in writing the COMPLETE GOOD RUNNING Engines as your Criterion ? BEFORE forwarding the obviously substantial Funds for these Engines ?

I'm a machine shop, and I am NOT defending anyone !
just say'in.... you all may be quite surprised at what we see coming in as "Cores" for rebuild ?
Again, I am not speaking to this particular transaction as obviously there seems to be either some mis-communication, or outright failure in expectations, just pointing out that when we purchase "cores" most times we have no idea what we will find once dis-assembled ? and many are far worse than those in the pictures shown.

IMO,
You purchased "rebuildable" Cores, that were "running" when pulled, as is the ONLY guarantee our shop gets when purchasing "cores" ?
Which is far different.....
than purchasing "complete good running" Engines from say an auto recycler, where they RUN the Engines, do Compression Tests, etc., etc., and usually offer a minimum 90 day warranty.

Hey Challenger 340,

I rebuild engines myself too  ;)

we've had very clear conversations and i've made myself very clear that i wanted good running and complete engines.It's all on paper. :yesnod:
And i've paid the right amount for them if they were what we've agreed.( see my first post )
But 2 of them are junk and the otherone is not complete. Fastmark is right in the ballpark to pay 750 tops for rebuildable cores. These 2 are stuck and flooded and can go to the scrapyard. :eek2:
If he had to buy those engines anywhere else that's not my problem. I have ordered good engines and i've got junk. Looking at the 440 you can see how hight the water was where it layed in. The 454 was completely flooded like it has pulled out of a pile of mud. :rotz:
Besides that,there's also parts he sended me out on the mail wich i've never got. :icon_smile_dissapprove: