News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Factory A/C compressor wiring.

Started by CidE, August 02, 2018, 12:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CidE

I'm rebuilding a 68 from the ground up and got the classic air stage two upgrade kit. I'm not sure where to wire in the compressor. The wiring diagram I have for the 68 doesn't show anything for the A/C so I'm at a loss where to put it. Anyone have the location for the compressor wiring handy?

Thanks.

BLK 68 R/T

CidE

It is, but the car was stripped when I got it. The way I understand it there's a separate wiring harness that they ran directly from the compressor to the firewall and it plugs in somewhere around where the wiper motor plugs in.

BLK 68 R/T

Not sure where exactly the wiring goes through the firewall at. Have to do some more digging. Hopefully you have all the dash side a/c box and controls. Here is the diagram from the FSM.

CidE

I have everything for the dash, I traced out the wiring and was pretty sure where it needed to be but wanted to see it on paper. I found this diagram for a 69 engine bay. Looks like I was correct in it going into the bulkhead connection by the wiper motor.

BLK 68 R/T

It goes into the same harness plug for the wiper motor, through the bulkhead. Not through a separate hole in the firewall.

edit: we may be saying the same thing, just explaining it different, on where it goes through the firewall  :cheers: