News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Will road runner rockers fit charger?

Started by orange383, August 03, 2018, 04:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orange383

Does anyone know if 68 Road Runner inner and outer rocker panels are the same as 68 Charger ones?

Cheers.

Matt.

Wingnut426

I say NO.  Different part #s and the wheel base is different from a Dodge to a Plymouth.  :Twocents: WINGNUT
HEMI Daytona Convertible

orange383

Thank you fellas. I might be able to buy some from a car that has been cut up. The rocker has been cut in half so if it's the same except for the length I can correct it when I weld it back together.

green69rt

If you look at these pages on AMD and check applications, you will see that they sell parts that fits all B-bodys.  Charger and Road runner.  Both inner and outers.  I can't say how well but it looks compatible.   :shruggy:

http://www.autometaldirect.com/amd-inner-rocker-panel-lh-66-70-dodge-plymouth-b-body-p-3469.html

http://www.autometaldirect.com/amd-outer-rocker-panel-lh-68-70-b-body-p-3435.html

orange383

Thank you green69R/T that is very helpful.

I really enjoyed your restoration thread by the way. Very inspirational and I learned a lot  :2thumbs:

VegasCharger

Quote from: Wingnut426 on August 03, 2018, 01:33:41 PM
I say NO.  Different part #s and the wheel base is different from a Dodge to a Plymouth.  :Twocents: WINGNUT

I was informed that Chrysler made up the difference in the wheel base length Dodge vs Plymouth in the forward leaf spring hangers.

:shruggy:

paironines

The difference is actually in the back of the car where the leaf spring hangs. The eyelet for the rubber bushing is welded in two different spots between Plymouth and Dodge.

odcics2

Quote from: paironines on August 10, 2018, 05:27:28 AM
The difference is actually in the back of the car where the leaf spring hangs. The eyelet for the rubber bushing is welded in two different spots between Plymouth and Dodge.

Yup, since the leaf spring does not change length, the shackle must be located the corresponding distance rearward
from a Plymouth to a Dodge.   Longer front spring perch, shackle in the frame rail must be back also...

:2thumbs:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?