News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Not mine. Kind of pricey. But the supply is limited.

Started by Redbird, August 25, 2018, 10:36:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAY CLONA

Birdflu

Redbird

I have not seen one of these before.

For factory Mopar dealership wing car posters I have seen 5; this one, a Bobby Isaac poster, 1970 ARCA-Daytona 500-Rockingham, Dealer Gram Superbird, and a Superbird wins Daytona 500-Pete Hamilton.

If it is like the Bobby Isaac Dodge Daytona poster from 1969, which I do have, I would guess it is on really fragile paper with texturing.

The 2 Dodge Posters and the Pete poster are very hard to find.

In spite of the poor condition it is in, it is far from a $5 item IMHO.

odcics2

$200-250. IMO to an Allison fan, even the way it looks.

I have never seen one...   
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

alfaitalia

I'm sure I'm wrong but looking at the edges it look more like a page cut from a paper than an actual poster.....
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

hemi-hampton

Quote from: alfaitalia on August 26, 2018, 08:03:38 AM
I'm sure I'm wrong but looking at the edges it look more like a page cut from a paper than an actual poster.....

The size is way to big to be cut from any paper, or newspaper. LEON.

JB400

He can keep it. It's not like it's an original copy of the Declaration of Independence.

Aero426

Quote from: odcics2 on August 25, 2018, 10:14:40 PM

I have never seen one...   

Right on.    That piece could be sympathetically mounted and framed.    I think it would look pretty decent.      All those dealer posters are super rare.   

TONY

Quote from: Aero426 on August 27, 2018, 08:53:50 AM

I have never seen one...   

Right on.    That piece could be sympathetically mounted and framed.    I think it would look pretty decent.      All those dealer posters are super rare.   

Doug, right on, as usual
Redbird,  thank you!

it will look nice mounted

odcics2

Quote from: TONY on August 27, 2018, 05:08:22 PM
Quote from: Aero426 on August 27, 2018, 08:53:50 AM

I have never seen one...   

Doug, right on, as usual
Redbird,  thank you!

it will look nice mounted

Tony - Please post a pic when you get it done.     :2thumbs:

Greg   

Redbird

Tony, I'm glad you got it. It will look good in your collection next to your cars.

It looks like it sold somewhere between $ 370 and $380.

When I saw it, it looked as if the seller knew what they had.

Even with the condition-it looked like it was not going for $100, otherwise I would have bought it, too rich for me.

I have more than a fair amount of original Mopar stuff, but the wing car posters are pretty much unobtanium.

I actually think it was a good buy. To have an original wing car poster next to an original wing car, a lot of people would like that.

The poster is too big for an IKEA frame, so unless one can find a used or off brand frame the whole deal is a $450-$500 undertaking.

There also was a Bobby Allison Atlanta 500 Daytona Newspaper ad that used a different picture of the car. I've seen it in a 12x18 inch size. Those are about a $15 item.

-Galen

TONY

Greg
for sure ill post some pics once mounted

Galen,
hard to put a value on something that rare, first one ive seen for sale and im always on the prowl for that stuff.
it wont be displayed near my cars, but in a 1600 sq ft room with all original memorabilia i have,
its a room thats never finished, lol

here are a few pics i took when starting on it

odcics2

66FBCharger

'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

1969daytona

MoPar or NO car

odcics2

Quote from: JB400 on August 26, 2018, 04:29:14 PM
He can keep it. It's not like it's an original copy of the Declaration of Independence.

Indeed, it's rarer!!   :2thumbs:

Aero426

Quote from: odcics2 on September 02, 2018, 03:19:29 PM

Indeed, it's rarer!!   :2thumbs:

I had that exact reply typed out the other day, and at the moment, I decided, "ah, why bother?"     But since you've said it, I will add that we all have different hot buttons.      Some folks will pay MORE for real DOH TV memorabilia, or some rusty bent part that was on a jump car.   On one of the Facebook Mopar diecast boards, I see newly manufactured collectible "chase" 1/64 cars being offered for more than $100.     Personally, those examples are just not my thing.   But I'm fine with it if it's yours.  

As others have mentioned, I've never seen the full size Allison poster.   I've only seen a PHOTO of the Isaac poster.    Who knows how different ones there were?   They were disposable and not meant to last any longer than the time spent on display.  

Aero426

Here's the corresponding Spoiler II poster from the previous year Atlanta 500.  Not in the best shape.    But go find another.    No doubt it would be valued similarly to the Dodge poster to the right guy.